Cloud Engineer (Infrastructure Automation)
- Expired: February 24, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
LightFeather is currently seeking talented AWS Cloud Infrastructure Automation Engineers who are well versed in Agile methodologies, AWS Cloud, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Infrastructure Automation. This is a long-term project. Successful candidates must thrive in a collaborative team culture.
US Citizenship is required. We are looking for individuals who already maintain a public trust clearance or will be eligible to be cleared.
This work is Remote within the US ONLY.
Must have experience with AWS, Terraform, CloudFormation, Kafka, Kubernetes, OpenShift, SonarQube, JUnit, Selenium, JMeter, Galing, Splunk, CloudWatch, New Relic, Bash, Python, Ruby.
In this job you will work to modernize current and new applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services and leveraging a continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline to enable an Agile DevSecOps Strategy. The team will:
- Work with Cloud Architects and other technical personnel to implement AWS automated infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain the DevSecOps CI/CD pipeline.
- Support system teams in setting up their accounts.
- Train system teams on pipeline functionality.
- Support cloud service catalog offerings, Cloud Formation Templates, Cloud Automation (e.g., Chef, Ansible), standardized virtual machine images.
- Support cloud functions for Containerization, Changed Data Capture, and API (Application Program Interface) Management (e.g., OCP, Kafka, Apigee).
- Develop the foundational infrastructure services to prepare for building or moving a system to the cloud.
- Perform data collection and analysis of cloud configurations to determine the most optimal configurations for each system.
- Create a Single DevSecOps strategy and a single Cloud Management Console across all clouds and on-prem to improve efficiency.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support mission critical systems that are being hosted in commercial clouds.
- Build, maintain, or move applications within any of the Commercial Clouds in which USCIS is operating. These systems as they exist now are developed using native AWS services and various CI/CD pipeline architectures.
- Design and implement end to end continuous delivery pipelines such as building and configuring cloud-native CI/CD pipelines using tools like Gitlab CI (Configuration Items), Jenkins, or Circle CI (Configuration Items).
- Support the development and automated deployment of software in secure environments.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology Management, Engineering, or other STEM related field. In lieu of degree, will consider combination of training, certifications, and years of experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of software engineering and DevSecOps experience.
- Experience deploying and maintaining AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud infrastructure in medium to large enterprise projects using AWS services.
- Can manage and automate CI/CD using tools such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions.
- Experience building and configuring Docker or Kubernetes clusters in production environments using tools like Kustomize or Helm.
- Experience designing and implementing security countermeasures to maintain system compliance with FedRAMP, DISA (Defense Information Systems Agency) STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides), NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) SP (Special Publication) 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, or NIST 190.
- Strong knowledge of concepts, methodologies, and best practices - especially as they pertain to mitigating security risks, estimating tasks, and coding standards.
- Experience building and configuring GitOps continuous delivery workflows using tools like Flux CD or Argo CD.
- Knowledge of source control management best practices Required experience with AWS, Docker ecosystem, ECS (Elastic Container Service), Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Linux.
- Configuring highly scalable resources that can be adjusted on-demand.
- Automation of administrative tasks.
- Deploying and configuring dynamic scaling.
- Possession of excellent analytical and organization skills,
AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certification.
LIGHTFEATHER IO LLC
Get fresh Cloud Automation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.