Construction Project Manager/Construction Manager Job Description
Responsibility for all planning and development of communities including the infrastructure and selection of amenities as well as the completion of all construction activities for Lifestyle Homes of Distinction, Inc. and related companies.
Oversee production and safety meetings held bi-weekly with subcontractors.
Responsible for accurate and effective Scopes of Work, Quality Inspections by self and Project Managers and an effective charge back system for our subcontractors.
Maintain a time-management and priority management system that assists in accurately and professionally completing all tasks as required.
Primary reporting function to company President.
Office hours: Maintain consistent hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm) to ensure communication between customers, staff, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Oversee weekly scheduling meetings
- Change Orders
- Schedules for each home by subdivision
- Resolving any problem subcontractor issues
- Monitoring appropriate quantities of material for job
- Provide weekly status update of scheduling meetings to President
- Oversee the resolution of any customer issues
- Oversee the 60 Day Walks as a part of the 1 year warranty for the home
- Provide Site Visit Summary reports for every jobsite visit to communicate expectations to field personnel
- Ensure that all communities and spec houses are maintained in a marketable condition.
- Present and indoctrinate construction personnel on the efficiencies of the company policies and procedures.
- Participate in the scheduling of training of company personnel, utilizing both in-house training and outsourcing to achieve a well-trained work force.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of all direct reports
- Establish procedures governing the performance of the activities assigned to direct reports
- Ensure all Construction division employees are following NHQ procedures and company policies and procedures
- Oversee all Scopes of Work and implement changes to the Scopes of Work
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures on jobsite are being followed
- Assist in procuring bids and preparing project manual for all new projects
- Assist in approval of any bid updates for established subcontractors
- Develop and maintain cost estimates with Vice-President of Construction, Project Managers and Construction Coordinators to ensure that we have competitive pricing for all aspects of Construction.
- Price change orders associated with customer selections or changes
- Oversee procurement and installation of community based items including but not limited to:
- Retaining walls
- Common areas
- Fitness equipment
- Specialized community items like bridges, silos, walking trails, etc.
- Monitor all construction schedules and coordinate such schedules with Sales to ensure timely delivery. This includes issuing Start Memos for new construction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with quality subcontractors to ensure quality construction within cost estimates.
- Update and maintain schedule criteria in Master Builder to accurately reflect our building processes
- Collect all Quality Assurance checklists (5) and ensure they are filed in the permanent house file
- Oversee all pre-closing walk-through with customers
- Ensure the rapid completion of any punch list items from customer walk-through to help close each sale smoothly.
- Provide input and suggestions for improvement in company policies and procedures and NHQ Quality Manual
- Maintain vehicle (if any) in good, clean working order
- Oversee the maintenance and cleaning of all tools and equipment owned by Lifestyle Homes of Distinction
- Perform other duties, as requested by Company President
Work with office staff to ensure corporate office is secure at all times.
- Obtain police reports as required for theft and vandalism.
To help the Company continue to grow, through management of the construction activities to meet Company standards for quality and Company budgets for time and costs. In general, the individual in this position will have fulfilled the requirements of his/her job description if the Project Managers and Construction Coordinators have fulfilled theirs.
Assist in creating and forming office policies and procedures, which will enable the office to run smoothly and efficiently. This will help to instill confidence in our company from our customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
Ultimately the goal is to be uniform and efficient, with high focus on excellent customer service and enthusiasm to help grow Lifestyle Homes Distinction, Inc. and its related companies to their full potential.