Regulatory Licensing Specialist (Legal Dept.)
LIBERTY Dental Plan Irvine, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**Fast-paced and growing dental insurance company seeks a Regulatory Licensing Specialist to join our Legal department in our Irvine, CA office.**
Successful candidate will report to the General Counsel and has a general knowledge of and performs key centralized regulatory and licensing activities of moderate difficulty for the Legal Department. Team Members in this position ensure company operations, processes, procedures, policies, etc. are properly gathered and reported to regulatory agencies, including but not limited to, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and state regulatory agencies sponsoring government programs such as Medicaid and Medicare.
- Review and analyze regulatory issues and inquiries from internal departments and applicable regulatory or insurance agencies, understand the underlying intent of the questions, and perform necessary research and analysis to provide accurate responses and recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure compliance with LIBERTY’s lines of business reporting and submission requirements to the CMS and any other applicable state regulatory and insurance agencies.
- Responsible for receiving, researching, coordinating, responding timely and tracking all regulatory and licensing inquiries and submissions. Collaborate with internal departments to ensure reporting and submission requirements are applicable to LIBERTY’s lines of business, captured in the systems appropriately and are reportable.
- Analyze and interpret federal, state and NAIC specific eFiling and submission requirements.
- Oversee the engagement between internal department and regulatory or insurance agencies, draft and coordinate appropriate responses.
- Receive, coordinate and respond timely to all subsequent regulatory filings and licensure applications.
- Gather and coordinate necessary documentation and submit to state regulators nationally for licensure and other regulatory filings.
- Participate in and support other components of LIBERTY’s compliance program, such as Privacy, Data Security, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Fraud Waste & Abuse, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
· 0 to 2 years of relevant Regulatory & Licensing experience.
· Prior experience in healthcare regulations a plus.
Experience (Levels II, III)
· Specialist Regulatory Licensing II: 3+ years of relevant Regulatory & Licensing experience.
· Specialist Regulatory Licensing III: 5+ years of relevant Regulatory & Licensing experience.
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Self-starting, proactive, innovative, and industrious
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage numerous projects and deadlines simultaneously
· Strong sense of responsibility with high standards of ethics and integrity
· Skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite
Environment and/or Physical Factors:
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Sedentary work involves extensive sitting, typing, close range vision most of the time.
Sponsorship and Relocation Specifications:
LIBERTY Dental Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No relocation assistance or sponsorship available at this time.
We offer an environment where you can be challenged, pursue goals, develop and cultivate new skills. At LIBERTY, we are employee-focused and are committed to our people, their job satisfaction, their welfare, and of course, their safety.
LIBERTY Dental PlanWhy Work Here?
Excellent benefits, room for growth, awesome leadership, fun team and family atmosphere!
Now serving over 5 million members nationwide, LIBERTY strives to provide the best customer service for not only our external customers, but our employees, who contribute to our success. LIBERTY puts people at the center of everything we do. We offer an environment where you can be challenged, pursue goals, develop and cultivate new skills. At LIBERTY, we are employee-focused and are committed to our people, their job satisfaction, their welfare, and of course, their safety.
3900 Kilroy Airport WayIrvine, CA
LegalView all jobs at LIBERTY Dental Plan