Our team is responsible for creating user interfaces and apps for the next generation of vehicles, as well as concepts for the future human machine interfaces on mobility platforms. The candidate would join a team of UX Designers, UI Designers, Researchers, Storytellers, and Programmers to create 3D Motion Design. The candidate will also work with engineers, researchers, and designers from other departments throughout the organization to support the development of future vehicles.
The ideal candidate must have a strong passion and ability to be creative both within and without parameters, be able to create inspiring 2D and 3D motion graphics for UX/UI designs, and exhibit a deep attention to detail and passion for simplifying user experiences.
• Strong familiarity with user interface patterns for automotive UX/UI and web/mobile/consumer electronics
• 3-5 years of UX/UI design, motion graphic design, 3D design, interaction design, animation, or similar UX/UI-related experience.
• Intermediate to expert level in 3D/motion tools such as AfterEffects, Trapcode Suite, Cinema4D, Motion, and Maya (familiarity with- Alias and Catia a plus).
• Ability to manipulate pre-made 3D assets including setting up animations, texture mapping, lighting, keyframes, and motion paths.
• Intermediate to expert level proficiency in UX/UI software including Axure, Sketch, and Adobe Suite.
• A portfolio of work demonstrating relevant experience that shows independently produced original samples.
• BA/BS in Design
• Experience working in a team environment and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Prior experience working with Industrial Designers and the automotive industry.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
• Expertise with design, creation, and specification of UI Movement/Motion design (behaviors, transitions, easing).