Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LHP is seeking an Embedded Controls Engineer to work on an exciting hybrid vehicle project. As a Project Engineer in the field of Control Systems Development, the candidate will work on wide scope of electronic applications and feature development for Vehicle Control System for Hybrid and Electric powertrains. The job requires development of controls strategies for vehicle propulsion systems, definition of associated system and functional requirements, and verification and validation of the developed algorithms. The candidate will be responsible for prototype as well as production solutions.
* Strong controls software development background.
* Strong in developing system level and functional level requirements.
* Ability to understand and interpret strategy development requests.
* Strong knowledge of real-time control design methods.
* Strong knowledge of optimization strategies and application-specific design development.
* Good knowledge of state-of-the-art sensors and actuators in the electric powertrain.
* Good knowledge of state-of-the-art electronic control system architecture and CAN
* Proficient in development tools like MATLAB/SIMULINK, Embedded coder, C and C++
* Rapid control prototyping knowledge (dSPACE..etc).
* Understanding of electronic control system functioning and architecture.
* Strong understanding of Hybrid and Electric vehicle powertrain system architecture.
* Must be able to design electrical schematics to operate the Hybrid and EV powertrain.
* Must be able to conduct MiL, SiL, HiL testing to validate the control functions.
* Must be able to develop plant models for electric vehicle powertrain components and system.
* Familiarity with standard automotive modelling guidelines MAAB, MISRA.
* Familiarity with AUTOSAR signal naming convention.
* Familiarity with implementation of functional safety requirements is preferred.
* Familiarity with systems engineering processes and tools preferred.
* Professional communication skills to interact with customers.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or related field
* Candidates with Master's degree preferred
* Experience in automotive industry preferred (3+ years)
* Understanding of the following tools used in automotive applications
* Matlab/Simulink, C / C++
* Vector CANape, CANalyzer
* dSPACE, Motohawk, Pi-Innovo
* ETAS INCA, ATI Vision
* Microsoft Office
LHP Engineering Resource Division
Auburn Hills,MI USA
Get fresh Embedded Controls Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!