**Candidates must be able to pass a DOD background check to gain access to the military installation.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Install, terminate and test communication cables and fiber optic cables.
- install and replace copper cabling in a commercial environment.
- Route Cat6 cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
- Read and comprehend technical schematics, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
- Work with EMT and Jhooks for best cable routes.
- Assist in installation of communications hardware.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Maintain the company’s high standards of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, and team members.
- Adhere to all required project specific as well as company safety requirements.
- Conducts field training and second-level problem evaluation using documented procedures and available tools.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Familiar with fiber, copper, and electrical cabling.
Company Conformance Statement
- Perform quality work within assigned deadlines with and/or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, vendors, etc.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the need for communication and coordination of work efforts with other team members, departments, or organizations.
- Regularly exposed to work in non-climate controlled environments.
- Work may entail being 50 feet off of the ground in a harnessed lift.
- Noise levels can be high depending upon work site and tools required.
- Some tools are provided by us, small hand tools and equipment will be required to start.