The Provider position manages the primary medical care in the patient's home. Primary medical care includes, but is not limited to: visits to a patient's home, coordinating community resources, utilizing home health agencies for nursing, therapies, and social services, ordering appropriate diagnostic exams such as laboratory tests and medical imaging as needed, ordering durable medical equipment as needed, and meeting the needs of a complex patient population. Providers will work with Care Coordinators and other office staff to coordinate the patient's care. Providers are required to follow all of the rules, regulations and standards as defined by the state in which they practice to meet the requirement to practice medicine as a medical doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant. Providers will follow-up with their collaborating physician as needed to discuss specific concerns.
Advanced Care House Calls, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Coordinates scheduling of patient appointments with Care Coordinators, giving insight related to coverage area, zip codes, patient locations and information vital to locating the residence of a patient.
- Visits patients in their homes in predetermined coverage areas to provide primary medical care. This includes assessment, diagnosis, and management of multiple medical conditions.
- Documents all activity related to patient care in electronic medical record system, including visits, orders, contact with additional resources, conversations with patients or other agencies, as well as any other information relative to patient care and well-being.
- Available by phone whenever possible during scheduled working hours, usually between 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. If not available by phone, communication with office staff is necessary to establish availability.
- Prompt and timely response to emails and phone messages from office staff, management, home health agencies and colleagues about patient care. Monitors emails and phone calls throughout the day to keep lines of communication open at all times.
- Staying up to date with current practice guidelines to provide the latest and best possible patient care.
- Participates in afterhours call rotation for the territory in which they see patients, following policy and procedure in regards to requesting time off from the call rotation.
- Reports any problems related to territory, Provider performance, office performance or other concerns promptly to management.
- Markets services in their territory when needed with the goal of extending services to all potential patients in their area.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Attends Company and industry-related meetings, as required.
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with the Company's business strategies and objectives.
- Functions as a contributing member of the department's team and other teams, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- Master's Degree in Nursing; Certified as a Nurse Practitioner from a national certifying body or completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Location : Facility Name Advanced Care House Calls
Requisition ID 2019-72822
Location : Postal Code 40502
Position Type Full-Time
Work Schedule Normal (Based on FT, PT, PRN)
Location : City Lexington
Location : State/Province KY
An equal opportunity employer
LHC Group is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status. To learn more about the opportunities for you with LHC Group and our affiliates, contact one of our Human Resources team members at 1.866.LHC.Group.
Found here: http://lhcgroup.com/careers