The Executive Director (RN) serves as the Administrator of the home health provider and is responsible for the administration of the day to day operations of the home care provider. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company; oversight of the eligibility of patients referred to home care services, planning for the services to be provided to patients and supervising their total home health care; implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations; enhancing the profitability of the agency; and providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
Southern Oregon Home Health , a part of LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Responsible for continual compliance with all federal and state regulations, laws, and policies and procedures applicable to Home Health. Maintains personal knowledge of up-to-date federal, state, and Joint Commission regulations.
- Employs qualified individuals and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations of the whole provider.
- Ensures that the Clinical Director is available during all operating hours or directly provides coverage for those duties.
- Must be immediately available to be on-site during business hours, or immediately available by telephone when off site conducting agency business, including but not limited to community presentations, conferences, and meeting with physicians. Available after hours as needed.
- Responsible for directing day to day operations of the provider.
- Supervises all patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care,which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source criteria.
- Assists in policy review and revisions as requested to establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care, cost controls, quality assurance, and staff performance. Ensures that established policies are enforced.
- Provides and / or ensures patient care according to the plan of care as ordered by the physician.
- Provides timely performance evaluation of personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management courses.
- Provides supervision to direct reports on an on-going basis to ensure compliance
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director. Approves medical director invoices and submits on a monthly basis to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for timely payment.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Oversees licensure verification, certification, and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensures maintenance of records to support competency of all personnel.
- Adheres to and supports the Episode Management Model within the provider via Episode Management supervision.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily external vendor clinical edits, outcome support, and coding edits.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, and upper management to ensure information is shared appropriately among the LHC team.
- Ensures that all services are billed as per federal, state, and LHC guidelines as provided to the proper payer source.
- Ensures adequate staffing of agencies, as well as adequate staff education on an initial and on-going basis and staff evaluations on a new hire and annual basis.
- Implements and maintains an effective budgeting and accounting system on an annual basis. Provides input to the budgeting process as appropriate.
- Oversees an effective QAPI program ensuring improvement plan execution and follow-up.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team, QAPI Team, and other committees as assigned within designated timeframes. Participates in annual strategic agency planning.
- Reviews weekly Operations Spreadsheet, weekly Metrics Report, and weekly Productivity Report to ensure the organization is on target with budget goals. Follows up as needed.
- Oversees weekly reports, including claims alert, late EMS, unverified services, and orders audit, to ensure timely and accurate billing and payroll.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services, including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meeting.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Registered nurse with at least 1 year supervisory or administrative experience in a home healthcare or a related field.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Location : Facility Name Southern Oregon Home Health
Requisition ID 2019-69821
Location : Postal Code 97504-4169
Position Type Full-Time
Work Schedule Normal (Based on FT, PT, PRN)
Location : City Medford
Location : State/Province OR
An equal opportunity employer
LHC Group is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status. To learn more about the opportunities for you with LHC Group and our affiliates, contact one of our Human Resources team members at 1.866.LHC.Group.
Found here: http://lhcgroup.com/careers