Currently Hiring Per Diem Home Health Aides to join our growing team in Norwalk ! We offer WEEKLY Pay and Flexible Schedules.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Home Health Aide (HHA) is a person who provides support, assistance with personal hygiene and household functions for an individual to be able to remain in their own home.
Almost Family , a LHC Group company, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Consistently and reliably accepts patient assignments based on patient and agency needs.
- Available on designated work days.
- Follows all policies and procedures of LHC Group and agency, as well as all applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Understands and complies with HIPAA and any other confidentiality obligations.
- Accurate and timely documentation of hours worked.
- Accurate and timely documentation of services performed.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition and exercise.
- Accurate and timely reporting of observations of the patient's condition to the appropriate supervisor including immediate notification of any incidents, accidents, or unusual conditions.
- Effective utilization of the Electronic Visit Verification or other visit documentation program as applicable.
- Competent provision of and/or assistance with activities of daily living as applicable including: bathing, dental care, nail care, filing only, skin care including peri care and lotion application.
- Safe transfer of patient from bed to chair and to wheelchair.
- Safe transfer of patients on and off bedpan and/or toilet.
- Documents all client related activities in a timely manner.
- Assists patient with bedtime preparations including personal care, dressing, positioning and medication reminders.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker or crutches, if appropriate and helps patients care for themselves.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations.
- Prepares meals as required based upon the patient's preferred or prescribed diet and assists with feeding as needed.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment needed by the patient.
- Responds promptly and professionally to client requests.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Participates in required agency meetings and in-service presentations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- CNA Licensure or six months experience in home care preferred.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patients needs.
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, self-directed, good time management skills, courteous, and common sense.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Must possess the disposition and personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and their families keeping personal matters confidential.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Location : Facility Name Almost Family
Requisition ID 2019-61385
Location : Postal Code 06850
Position Type PRN
Work Schedule Normal (Based on FT, PT, PRN)
Location : City Norwalk
Location : State/Province CT
An equal opportunity employer
LHC Group is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status. To learn more about the opportunities for you with LHC Group and our affiliates, contact one of our Human Resources team members at 1.866.LHC.Group.
Found here: http://lhcgroup.com/careers