Financial Solutions Specialist - Canton
- Expired: January 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are:
In 1951, seven Lockheed Georgia employees dreamed of a better way to bank and LGE Community Credit Union was born. Today we serve communities in Northwest Georgia as a not-for-profit financial institution. Unlike a bank, whose profits go to its shareholders, our profits go to our members in the form of better rates and lower fees. We are guided by a strong commitment to provide a better financial future for our members.
For the eighth year in a row, LGE has been recognized by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a Top Workplace (2013-2020).
Who you are:
- Education: Associate degree in finance, accounting, or business related field preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills: Proven ability to effectively interact with members and potential members in a professional manner with a demonstrated ability to achieve individual goals.
- Communication Skills: Proven ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Must have the ability to cross-sell products and services.
- Experience: 1-3 years' experience in a financial industry and/or contact center related field preferred.
- Analytical Skills: Proven ability to gather, interpret, and solve complex problems.
- Other Skills: Basic understanding of computer operation and programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to gain and obtain the knowledge of lending practices; regarding interpretation of credit bureau reports, underwriting criteria, and basic lending philosophy.
What you'll do:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist LGE Community Credit Union in living out its service mission, "Dedicated to our members' financial well-being." To achieve this goal the employee must provide outstanding service to both internal and external members.
- Promote an atmosphere of strong, quality member service and sales initiative through positive member interactions.
- Establish supportive and productive long-term member relationships through rapport, trust, and diplomacy.
- Identify the financial needs of our members and recommend LGE products and services that will enhance and compliment the member's financial relationship.
- Meet or exceed established sales and service goals, including promotion of revenue generating products and services as determined by management.
- Participate in and assist with Business Development and Community outreach programs.
- Accurately process member financial transactions to include, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, payments and check cashing. Maintain collected negotiable items and balance daily.
- Interview members to obtain relevant facts to resolve account problems or discrepancies.
- Originate, process and close loans. Demonstrate sound judgment in loan origination by providing clear and detailed notes with loan applications.
- Review the credit report pulled to determine whether additional opportunities are available such as new shares, auto refinance, debt consolidation, credit card or mortgage loans.
- Assure that applications and supporting documentation is complete prior to the closing of a loan, deposit account, or other related product/service.
- Open new membership accounts in branch and on-line. Troubleshoot and manage complex credit union account offerings; such as, but not limited to answering secured messages/emails/live chat, and completing credit returns and VOD's.
- Accept calls from assigned queues and respond to member's needs professionally. Duties may require deviation from standard scripts and procedures. This includes but is not limited to calling new accountholders to assess needs and suggest alternative products or services.
- Maintain awareness and report suspicious activity; identify potentially fraudulent activity to prevent credit union losses.
- Maintain in depth knowledge to have the ability to answer routine to complex questions on products and services, policies and procedures, and rules and regulations.
- As a credit union employee, you may be transferred to different locations as business needs dictate.
- Maintain composure in a high production and changing environment.
- Be familiar with and follow all policies, procedures and processes which have been established in order to meet compliance requirements of all applicable federal regulations. The regulations include but are not limited to the Privacy Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Reg. CC and Patriot Act.
This position will be scheduled for Monday - Friday (9:00 - 5:30) and approximately one Saturday per quarter (9am - 1pm).
Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
1 to 3 years
LGE Community Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at LGE Community Credit Union