Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Generalist
LGC Labs - LetsGetChecked Arcadia, CA
- Expired: May 19, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Testing Personnel are responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results.
The Clinical Lab Scientists must be licensed by the State of California as a generalist or have limited licensures in Chemistry or Toxicology and meets the qualifications in 42CFR Sec. 493.1489
General Responsibilities: Clinical Lab Scientist High Complexity Laboratory
The Testing Personnel are responsible for performing those tests that are authorized by the Laboratory Director and that are within the individual’s skill level. Specific responsibilities include:
- Following the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Maintaining records which demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhering to the laboratory’s Quality Control policies and documenting all Quality Control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Following the laboratory’s policies, including taking and documenting corrective actions, whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Being able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or test result reporting and correcting the problem or notifying the appropriate supervisor.
- Documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- If required by route of qualification, performing high complexity testing only under the on-site direct supervision of a General Supervisor.
LGC Labs - LetsGetChecked
HealthcareView all jobs at LGC Labs - LetsGetChecked