This high impact role requires an experienced, strategic individual with demonstrated operational excellence. The Senior Site Director & General Manager will be responsible for driving core operations as we continue our rapid expansion. This integral member of our team will demonstrate exceptional leadership capabilities by working directly with key leaders to help develop and execute the company’s business strategy. This critical role requires an experienced leader who can effectively collaborate, influence and inspire people at all levels. The Senior Site Director & General Manager will be responsible for overall site operations, including P&L, while ensuring priorities and goals are achieved. This role will be a key driving leader in further growing the company as an industry recognized and respected global provider of life science research products and services to accelerate scientific discovery for molecular diagnostics, research, and applied markets.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and execute operational plans that will enhance productivity and profitability through the delivery of excellent standards of customer service in logistics, manufactured goods and supply chain management.
- Drive business growth through people, process and technology.
- Inspire, grow, and engage employees using people-centric leadership tools.
- Create open/collaborative communication channels.
- Provide senior leadership, strategic insight and creative solutions.
- Encourage the development of lean operational processes to reduce cost, improve efficiency, quality, safety and demonstrable improvement in the customer experience
- Support vendor audits and supplier inspections.
- Continue building, leading, mentoring, and providing career development programs to attract and retain professional talent required to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure a culture that values and promotes compliance, customer service, safety, quality, teamwork and goal achievement.
- Clear strategic thinker with proven critical relationship development skills.
- An inspirational team leader who leads by example that seeks team collaboration and cooperation, and achievement of financial, quality and service target levels.
- Assertive and decisive, consistent and fair, demonstrating self-confidence and emotional strength. Highly motivated and energised by the current and future prospects for the Genomics business and able to motivate others to do the same.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing complex, multi department operations.
- Success leading, growing, motivating and mentoring people in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Success optimizing manufacturing through Lean methodologies
- Proven ability in leading manufacturing, supply chain, warehousing and logistics through significant improvement cycles
- MBA or MA in a technical field preferred
- Proven leader with a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated manufacturing operational experience and success at one or more of the leading life science / biotechnology reagents companies.
- Demonstrated experience within large multiple product manufacturing environments is required.
- Management of a multi-million dollar P&L.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Use of a web browser.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit ergonomically correctly; use hands to finger, handle or feel, ability to talk and/or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Repetitive motion with word processing and data entry. Heavy phone use.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safety/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Adhere to company safety policy and PPE policy.