LGC, Biosearch Technologies is looking for a driven and customer-focused Inside Sales Representative to join its team just outside Ann Arbor, MI. The Inside Sales Representative will engage and qualify new and existing customers, position LGC's Nucleic Acid Chemistry (NAC) product portfolio in order to provide solutions to customers’ projects and business needs, implement sales plans through both strategic and tactical activities, working closely with the NAC Commercial Sales team, and ultimately expand LGC-NAC account penetration.
This is an exciting and challenging role with the opportunity to work with top academic institutions, research centers, and corporations utilizing your scientific knowledge and lab experience while selling products for a world leader in NAC chemistry solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily:
- Proactively contact existing and prospective customers to close repeat & new business, cross sell additional LGC products, obtain forecast information, and gather customer feedback
- Act as a primary point of contact for oligonucleotide synthesizers customer inquiries to assess customer need and escalate to the appropriate Commercial Sales Representative as appropriate
- Responsibility for the relationship management of the NAC Distributors including quotations, forecasting and assessing other customer requirements
- Assess complex customer needs to escalate to appropriate Commercial Sales and/or Technical Support as appropriate
- Successfully navigate and manage a multi-tiered sales process for oligo synthesis reagents and instruments
- Document customer interactions and opportunities, maintain account and contact details in CRM system (currently Salesforce.com)
- Able to travel as needed
- Assist with miscellaneous other duties related to the work of the department, as directed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- BA or BS degree, in a Life Science or Chemistry related field
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience, preferred
- Strong Chemistry and Molecular Biology foundation to allow for a better understanding of the broad variation of customer applications in order to uncover sales potential
- Preferred knowledge of Oligonucleotide Synthesis
- Highly organized and able to thrive in a busy, multi-tasking environment, with efficient time management, approaching tasks with a sense of urgency and able to quickly and efficiently prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated to continue learning beyond initial onboarding within the role
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM and use of a web browser
- A demonstrated desire to be an effective collaborator within a team selling environment and a willingness to provide and seek feedback from teammates
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships
- Extraordinary attention to customer and procedural detail, and commitment to accuracy
- Cordial, resourceful approach in all interactions with customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands are normal for an office environment.
Other physical requirements include:
- Frequent use of repetitive movement (requiring manual dexterity)
- Ability to sit or stand 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Working conditions are normal for an office and lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office and lab equipment.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, the position does require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
This position may require limited time spent away from the office, typically out of the area. Travel out of the area typically involves overnight stays.