This role is responsible for ensuring that support processes are performed in compliance with company procedures, scheduling the activities of team members and participating in day to day production support processes. A GMP Lab Support Supervisor can be called on to work in any production shift in the Oligo Production department.
Areas of Responsibility:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Assist team members, prioritize, and perform production lab support processes.
- Ensure GMP production lab support priorities are completed by:
- Understanding daily work load
- Appropriately scheduling resources
- Effectively communicating with supervisors, managers, technicians, and lab assistant team members on daily priorities and any issues that will negatively impact daily goals
- Ensure that GMP lab support team members follow all GMP lab support procedures as documented and in accordance with GDP requirements.
- Ensure documented procedures are followed for all chemical, material, and waste handling by lab support staff. Communicate with EH&S regarding spill and hazardous waste handling as needed and/or required.
- Active coaching and mentoring of team members; developing personal growth opportunities; support ongoing employee development training, facilitate attendance and participation of staff
- Work with supervisors and management to implement Lab Support Programs and other projects as needed and as assigned
- Lead and oversee activities in key GMP production lab support areas, including:
- Reagent availability
- Chemical and Consumable inventory is properly stocked
- GMP Production Lab cleanliness and waste container monitoring
- Participate in the transfer of production samples or reagents from one site to another.
- Write, maintain, and update documented procedures, maintenance protocols and reports as directed by supervisor/manager.
- Independently train new employees to proficiency in job duties as directed by supervisor/ manager and ensure all team member’s training remains current.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Professional presence and strong attention to detail are required.
- Leadership proficiency that enables effective performance of staff.
- Strong communication and problem-solving abilities are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- This position requires a High School diploma and 3+ years of work experience with 1 year in an active leadership position, and/or demonstrates proficiency to meet the requirements of a Lab Support Production Shift Lead. Demonstrated history of working in high-pressure environments and highly collaborative teams.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Use of a web browser.