We are looking to add an experienced HR Generalist to our local HR team in Petaluma, CA.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. New Hire Orientation
- Ensure that all paperwork (e.g., onboarding, new hire, insurance, etc.) are delivered to applicants/employees in a timely manner.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive onboarding experience toward understanding company goals.
- Train employees how to use the Employee Self Service products.
- Human Resources Program Administration
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions
- Maintain up-to-date records of benefits plan participation (e.g., health insurance and retirement), personnel transactions (e.g., hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations), and employee statistics for internal and government reporting.
- Implement and manage programs that aim to attract, measure, develop and manage an organization's talent pool and engaged employee base; evaluate the effectiveness of the organization's talent strategies and share recommendations with management
- Prepare employee separation packages and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons for separation.
- Processing payroll, which includes ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system.
- Train employees how to use payroll software.
- Resolve any time sheet issues with employees.
- Oversee all record changes, data entry, and transmittals to the third-party payroll company.
- Verify all files for accuracy prior to the distribution of payroll.
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors.
- Calculate and prepare all final payroll checks.
- Prepare and distribute W-2 forms at year end.
3. Benefits Administration
- Administer benefits programs (e.g., health, dental, retirement, vacation, sick leave, FSA, leaves of absence, and employee assistance).
- Manage Open Enrollment.
- Answer insurance coverage questions on an ongoing basis and assist with any problems with claim payments.
- Reconciling benefits statements, and approve invoices for payment.
- General Duties
- Provide administrative and project support to HR Manager/Director.
- Complete employment verifications for current and former employees.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skilfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, possess excellent detail orientation and follow through.
- Must possess the ability to supervise and manage tasks and projects, as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree and 5 years of human resource experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Spanish a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Experienced and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote and Outlook.
- Experience with ADP.
- Proficiency in using and managing an HRIS.