- Posted: over a month ago
LG Energy Solution Vertech, Inc. (LGES Vertech) is a full-service energy storage system supplier and integrator. Using our core strengths of expert service to our customers, unparalleled safety, and excellence in manufacturing, we bring standardized, fully integrated energy storage systems to a rapidly growing worldwide market. Our systems address our customers' needs to reduce capital equipment and installation costs while enhancing system level performance and reliability using automated monitoring systems and analytics across the battery, power conditioning and auxiliary systems. Our AEROS® energy operating system is the engine of innovation to provide advanced control functions allowing our customers to maximize the value of their energy storage assets. Our service capabilities include advanced monitoring and analytics, scheduled maintenance, augmentation, and auxiliary system upgrades. The combination of excellence in battery technology and production coupled with nearly two decades of energy storage integration makes LGES Vertech a supplier and integrator in the power and energy markets.
LGES Vertech empowers and expects its team members to assume responsibility and make good decisions, while maintaining a team environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. Our diverse and growing team enjoys competitive salaries, generous benefits, including 100% employer sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance, and flexible working hours.
For more information about LGES VT, please visit www.lgensol-vt.com.
The mission of the product manager is to work with their cross-functional product team to develop and deliver solutions that are valuable to the customer while being viable for our business. This is done through extensive communication and collaboration both with internal stakeholders and external customers. The product manager will work closely with the engineering lead, who is responsible for ensuring that the solution is feasible.
This means that the product manager must contribute to her product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business – constraints from marketing, sales, service, finance, legal, and cybersecurity are typical examples. The product manager must also contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of our customers, and the data about how our customers use our products to achieve their business outcomes. Finally, the product manager is expected to track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to her product.
While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. Developing and delivering a product is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results, even when this means they must work through others to achieve them.
This job, as with the other roles on the product team, is an individual contributor role. You will need to be able to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
As a product manager, the near-term outcomes of your role will include:
- Drive the development of new solutions (products or features) whose success will be measured by number of customer purchases.
- Communicate quarterly to internal stakeholders:
- The progress and impact on customer business outcomes for each product currently being worked on.
- The current backlog of customer problems being considered for future development.
- All backed up by insights from direct customer feedback, industry trends and technical developments.
- Support the adoption and continuous improvement of the product innovation process by the product teams by Q3 2023
- Support the adoption and continuous improvement of the product/market research process to gather customer and market feedback and deliver insights to the product teams by Q4 2023
Key knowledge, Skill, Abilities, and Attitudes
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Allows others to speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Generates new and innovative approaches to problems
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email
- Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel will be required for customer and supplier visits, collaboration with colleagues and industry trade shows and conferences.
LG Energy Solution Michigan, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at LG Energy Solution Michigan, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?