Commercial HVAC Regulatory Applications Engineer
Location Alpharetta, Georgia
Department (Org 2) AS CAC S20212
Job Requisition 23776
LG Electronics U.S. (LGEUS)
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make "Life Good" - from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life's Good with LG!
Come See us at AHR Expo 2020 Booth 6343 in Orlando FL Feb 3,4,5
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill-and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits.
- LG is 1 of 4% of US Companies that Pays 100% of monthly Health insurance Premiums for employees and eligible dependents.
- Personalized career development Plans
- Competitive Pay for performance, Annual performance reviews
- Retirement plan that vests day one
We are currently seeking an Commercial HVAC Regulatory Applications Engineer to join our dynamic team in Alpharetta, GA as part of the Air Solutions Team!
Contribute to key division initiatives to comply and react to existing and coming regulations, codes, and standards for existing and future products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure DOE, AHRI, building code, and other requirements are met
- Proper understanding of requirements to certify and apply equipment
- Ensure NPI's meet current and upcoming certification and code requirements
- Keep track of industry developments in government regulation, national and local code, and overall industry movement to ensure alignment of product with regulations, codes and standards
- Involve in ASHRAE VRF committee
- Contribute to furthering the industry in knowledge and viability of VRF technology
- Work to influence code committees to uphold the interest of LG and VRF/single/multi split technologies
- Gather developments in other standards committees to ensure LG can meet coming code changes
- Involve in AHRI committees
- Track regulatory developments that affect product categories
- Track and influence testing and certification standard developments that affect product categories
- Develop strategies for maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, codes, and standards
- Communicate requirement details and projections to factory, management, and sales teams as they relate to current and coming regulations, codes, and standards
- Field applications support and design requirements as they relate to regulations, codes, and standards
- Support proper product application to field projects through creating applications materials, providing product/applications training to sales and reps, and working with sales and reps on specific regulation, code, and standards challenges
- BSME,EE or equivalent
- 5 years experience in HVAC industry
- Ability to interact with others, network, and build rapport is must
- Knowledge of VRF is a plus
- ASHRAE affiliation is a plus
- Ability to write technical papers
- Direct HVAC code, standard, and regulatory experience preferred
- Product Management experience a plus
- HVAC background and experience in the commercial and institutional categories is crucial.
- Direct and attributable HVAC experience required.
- Comfortable presenting to and engaging with a technical audience including engineers, consultants, code officials, agencies, and industry organizations.
- Adaptable to the management style and process methods of foreign colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Responsibly maintains an awareness or direct knowledge about industry trends and technologies for HVAC products.
- Strong English language skills including spelling, grammar, structure and syntax as necessary to improve upon existing and creation of new technical documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret building code, standard, and regulatory documents
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.