"We connect science to life for a better future."
LG Chem - Leading the Chemical Industry in Korea (http://www.lgchem.com)
LG Chem endeavors to become a 'Global Top 5 Chemical Company' with a balanced business portfolio that has a competitive advantage across the globe, including business divisions in petrochemicals, advanced materials, life sciences, and a subsidiary specializing in batteries.
LG Chem contributes to industrial development with various petrochemical products of world-class quality. In the petrochemicals business, the company has built a vertically integrated system from basic raw materials (the upstream) such as ethylene and propylene to the downstream products such as PE, ABS, Acrylic Acid and Synthetic R Rubber. The petrochemicals business is LG Chem's core business area with world-class productivity and cost competitiveness. The company has advanced its business structure by focusing on the high-value added products, such as Nano-carbon tube, as well as consistently strengthening its competitiveness in the global market.
We are actively searching for a Plant Controller to join our team in Ravenna, OH. The Plant Controller is the finance and accounting leader for the location. The position functions as part of the site leadership team and is responsible for leading the finance and accounting functions for the facility, a manages a team of finance and accounting professionals.
Finance leader for the manufacturing plant. Manages all financial control and accounting activities of the plant. Monitors plant operations results against annual operating plans and forecast, and prepares or directs the preparation of reports used to monitor and measure performance. Leads the plant financial and capital budgeting process. Recommends and implements programs to improve productivity, increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Oversees and manages the preparation and presentation of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual financial information for management and outside parties. This may include leading one or more period end closing activities.
- Ensures controls are in place, general ledger accounts are reconciled on a periodic basis and that overall data and system integrity as it relates to financial data is in compliance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Manages and ensures general accounting functions are performed properly.
- Prepares and monitors financial forecasts, budgets, expenditures; coordinates variance data and allocations and performs cost estimating projects.
- Leads the plant financial and capital budgeting process.
- Works with functional managers throughout the company to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and offer recommendations for improvement. Coordinates review of inventory balances and inventory monitoring programs.
- Manages local financial reporting systems and the compilation and analysis of management reports and statistical statements.
- Manages internal and external financial statement audit requirements.
- Performs full range of managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget.
- Support and implement HQ Finance / Accounting initiatives, support the CS Center in Ravenna Ohio, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of analysis techniques that assist in report preparation for decision-making purposes
- Thorough understanding of general accounting functions as well as cost accounting and standard cost setting
- Familiarity with profit and loss analysis, standard operating and capital budgeting
- Advanced organization skills necessary to manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills for interface and communicate with diverse groups
- Leadership skills and the ability to be influential
- Strong computer literacy, especially experience with financial software systems, MS Office Suite, and ERP / MRP systems
- Five or more years of finance/accounting experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior people management experience preferred.
LG Chem America, Inc.Ravenna, OH
Finance and InsuranceView All LG Chem America, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.