The contractor will be required to work 40 hrs/week during normal Laboratory business hours.
1.1 Performance Period
12-months with option to renew annually
Level III: Plans, designs, develops and tests complex business applications using advance computer techniques and languages; recommends new or revised systems based on evaluation and feasibility. Works independently with periodic review of work by higher classification staff member. Has five or more years relevant experience.
- Technical Direction of Work
- Task and Time Reporting
The designated Information Solutions and Technology Assurance group leader will measure work performed by the contractor on a task basis. Tasks are of both short and extended duration. Candidate will be expected to manage extended projects, engaging others as appropriate and reporting progress on a regular and timely basis to the supervisor. Progress will be assessed and hours recorded on a weekly basis, and reported to the contract vendor.
- Computer Protection Program
The contractor shall adhere to all policies and procedures of the Argonne Computer Protection Program, must not bypass any procedures established to protect data, applications, hardware, or communications at Argonne, must maintain a work environment that will satisfy audit, privacy, and protection requirements, and must report any findings of inadequacies to the technical contact and the CIS Computer Protection Program Representative.
- At least 5 years of current experience in web application development
- Experience with Laravel or CakePHP frameworks
- More than basic knowledge of MySQL: stored procedures, query optimization, etc.
- Experience with microservices frameworks
- Experience with code repositories (Subversion or Git)
- Experience with web application data management
- Experience with web server technologies, such as Apache and Nginx
- Experience with load balancer and reverse proxy technologies, such as HAProxy and Nginx
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience with CakePHP
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- User interface design
- Usability design
- Graphic skills (Photoshop/Gimp)