LFL International Inc. is seeking temporary, part-time and full-time unarmed security guards for employment opportunities in commercial facility settings. Hours vary by job assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties will be outlined in assigned post orders. Duties may include the following; other duties may be assigned on a project :
• Follows all assigned post orders, both general and specific;
• Patrols and or monitors buildings and public commercial store areas
• Inspects assigned areas and records data for management
• Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked;
• Notifies staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations;
• Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons;
• Assists management and enforcement officers in emergency situations;
• Contacts supervisor by radio or telephone to report irregularities and obtain further instructions;
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Security officers are subject to supervision from client project supervisors and company project managers
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments;
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control;
• Oral Communication – Able to speak and understand English language; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings;
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written English;
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment;
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values;
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values;
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions;
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments;
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly;
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time;
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan;
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Some posts may require an individual to have knowledge of Internet programs, Word Processing software and other software as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
City and County of Denver Assignments only: Security Officer License
Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see and distinguish basic colors.
Employees must be able to hear within normal speech range and alarm range.
Employees must be able to move quickly in any emergency and must be capable of handling portable fire extinguishers and other related equipment when necessary.
Specific environment varies by post.
Job Type: Part-Time and Full-time
• Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
• Security: 1 year (Preferred)