A growing law firm in the Los Angeles-area that specializes in complex litigation, including consumer and employment class and representative actions.
The firm focuses on the prosecution of wage & hour, unfair business practice, discrimination, and false advertising matters in both state and federal courts across California and has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of tens of thousands of employees and consumers in California.
Due to our growing staff, we are looking to add at least one candidate to our Human Resources team. All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Manages the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, and hiring. Organizes and manages new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training. Updates job requirements when needed. Explains and provides information on employee benefits. Covers all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements. Maintains employee records and paperwork. Answers employee questions and addresses employee concerns with the company; including employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health. Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Possesses excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record-keeping
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
- Type a minimum of 40 WPM on a personal computer using word processing and spreadsheet programs, and operate a 10-key calculator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related fields
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Human Resources