LEWCO, Inc. Sandusky, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Welder II
Reports To: Weld Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly - nonexempt
SUMMARY: Performs basic fit-up and welding of company products from mechanical drawings using GMAW (MIG) processes. Individuals in this position can also design and build simple jigs and fixtures to enhance productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Welder I responsibilities included.
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings including weld symbols
- Performs quality checks using appropriate gages (calipers, dial indicators)
- Performs welding of company parts made of carbon steel
- Performs basic fit-up of company product to mechanical drawings with assistance
- Performs welding of small company products with no intervention
- Performs coordination with welders in the fabrication of some company products
- Designs and builds simple jigs and fixtures for multiple piece tasks or as needed
- Mentor Welder I’s on welding and quality control of product
- Uses hand and power tools as required to complete work
- Owns required personal hand tools
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- High degree of proficiency with GMAW (MIG) welding
- Read / understand mechanical drawings weld symbols preferred
- Ability to read calibration equipment preferred
- Able to pass math measurement assessment
- Must pass regular GMAW (MIG) weld test
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- High school welding (MIG) certificate preferred
- Post high school certificate or degree in welding preferred
- 2 years’ of manufacturing GMAW (MIG) weld experience preferred
- Must have basic reading and writing skills
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Able to convert decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/16”
- Basic data entry skills including how to print documents
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the non-air conditioned work environment is moderate. Steel toe shoes are required.
This Job Description may be modified due to business necessity. LEWCO INC. will make reasonable accommodations regarding these duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in compliance with Federal and State disability laws.
LEWCO, Inc., a world class ISO 9001:2015 manufacturer of industrial conveyor systems and industrial ovens, has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. A proven business track record of high quality and customer service!
USAView all jobs at LEWCO, Inc.