SUMMARY: The Master Planner uses ERP system to plan, establish, and revise work center production schedules of diversified products in order to meet master production schedule and on-time-delivery. Works with production supervisors on resource allocation in order to level load and ensure labor efficiency. Maintains dates in ERP system as required to accommodate schedule changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses company ERP system to determine what jobs need to be created and released to production work centers on a daily basis.
- Reviews the status of jobs in progress with work center supervisors to ensure schedule compliance and makes schedule adjustments if necessary to maintain schedule accuracy.
- Reviews work center capacities to ensure labor efficiency and make recommendations on manpower requirements.
- Communicates with internal customers as to the status of specific jobs and projected ship dates.
- Resolves scheduling conflicts arising from competing priorities
- Influences and drives organization resources to meet on-time-delivery.
- May perform other duties may be assigned.
- Experience with ERP systems as it relates to planning and scheduling tools
- Fluent in data manipulation and analysis
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle a large volume of work
- 5 years relative experience
- Fluent in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
Good command of the English language including both verbal and written communication skills.
Good command of basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) including use of fractions, decimals, and percentages.
High degree of computer knowledge including ability to manipulate, sort and analyze data in an ERP system
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and work at a computer for extended periods. The employee is also required to stand, walk shop floor, as well as talk and hear ij order to effectively communicate in person or over phone.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in a manufacturing office environment. The employee will also be required to interact with personnel on the shop floor where the noise and dust levels may be moderate and the employee may be subjected to industrial hazards.