Emissions Catalyst Technologist - Diesel Engine Aftertreatment Systems
The Catalyst Engineer will perform work with analysis of simulations, reactor and engine test data. Based on the analysis work, the catalyst engineer is expected to provide a recommendation for the catalyst size and technology selection for a given engine program.
Job Location : Local to Columbus, Indiana area and capable to travel into the office 2-3 days each week.
- Based on the analysis work the catalyst engineer is expected to provide a recommendation for the catalyst size and technology selection for a given program.
- Perform analysis of simulations, reactor and engine test data for a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), Selective Catalytic reduction (SCR), Ammonia Oxidation Catalyst (AMOX) catalysts, and Three-way Catalysts (3WAY).
- Provide high quality summary and findings based on the analysis for the various Diesel and Natural Gas applications (light duty, medium duty, heavy duty, & high horsepower).
- Simulations for catalyst design
- Comparison of simulations and test data. Error free catalyst recommendation delivered to meet catalyst design schedule based on the completion of the development work
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- MATLAB analysis
- MATLAB creation of plots for data analysis
- Calibration of engine or aftertreatment features/monitors
- Engine or aftertreatment performance
- Humble, teachable, and who solve their own problems
- Effective and collaborative team player
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Great collaborator
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines. Mechanical Engineering degree HIGHLY preferred as well as 2 or more years of hands-on experience. A mechanical/chemical engineering background with a masters of science or PhD is preferred
- Experience with simulations using MATLAB,
- BOOST modelling tool knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working in the automotive/truck industry and knowledge of aftertreatment systems is considered ideal.
- Ability to analyze/interpret large sets of data.
- Matlab Plotting and analysis is required.
- MS office suit solid knowledge is required.
LER TechForceColumbus, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.