School Bus Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: School Bus Driver
Location: District School Sites
Schedule: 6 hours daily, Monday - Friday (30 hours per week)
Work Year: 206 paid days per year
*** Valid Class A or B Driver’s License required ***
CLASS TITLE: SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Definition: Under the direction of Director, Facilities, Maintenance, Operations and Transportation or the Transportation Specialist operates a school bus transporting students to and from home and school on a prescribed route; makes daily maintenance and safety checks of vehicles and does related work as required.
- Assesses potential emergency situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action to protect the well being of passengers. (E)
- Assists students and other passengers for the purposes of providing safe ingress and egress from buses including both emergency situations and normal transport. (E)
- Cleans assigned vehicles, both interior/exterior for the purpose of maintaining appearance, and safety of the vehicle. (E)
- Directs students regarding safety for the purpose of enforcing rules, regulations, laws and safety. (E)
- Drives school buses and/or vans for the purpose of transporting students over scheduled routes and/or special excursions. (E)
- Fuels assigned vehicles for the purpose of maintaining vehicles in a safe operating condition. (E)
- Informs school personnel of practices and incidents (e.g. rules, regulations, laws, procedures) for the purpose of providing information for follow up action and/or proper procedures. (E)
- Inspects assigned vehicles (i.e. brake system, oil levels, coolant, tire pressure, exterior conditions), as required by the vehicle code. (E)
- Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and conveying information. (E)
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities. (E)
- Perform other duties as required.
- Safe driving methods and techniques Basic knowledge of various mechanical characteristics of buses.
- Operate school buses and vans in a safe manner
- Communicate effectively
- Administer first aid
- Maintain effective working relationships with bus drivers, staff, and the public
- Exercise sound judgment Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Work independently
- Make common sense decisions in potentially critical situations
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent to graduation from high school Job related experience
Licenses and other requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid Class A or B Driver’s License and evidence of insurability (DMV H-6)
- School Bus Driver’s Certificate
- Passage of District pre-employment test
- Post-offer physical examination and drug screen
- Fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice
- Current X-ray or tuberculin skin test before employment and every four years thereafter.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate school bus and maintenance tools and equipment
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to inspect the school bus
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to inspect the bus
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally
- Lifting moderately heavy objects as required
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.91 - $25.36 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- A or B Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Lemon Grove Learners are tomorrow’s leaders, workers, and citizens.
Lemon Grove Learners are diverse, unique, resilient, inquisitive, compassionate, and limitless.
We believe that caring relationships based on integrity, honesty, and a respect for diversity are essential to learning.
When our Lemon Grove Learners leave Lemon Grove School District they will know and be able to recognize their significance and potential, and they will use their 21st century learning experiences to thrive as tomorrow's leaders, workers and democratic citizens.
LEMON GROVE SCHOOL DISTRICT
AddressLa Mesa, CA
Get fresh Driver School BUS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.