Truck Driver CDL A
LEE Building Products Bowling Green, KY
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Objective of Role
Provide safe, courteous, and timely transportation of LEE Building Product’s material to regional commercial and/or residential job sites, and other company facilities, while complying with all local, state, and federal Department of Transportation (“D.O.T.”) requirements. CDL Drivers are responsible for loading and unloading trucks, in addition to working with co-workers to ensure the company products are sourced and delivered efficiently, correctly, and successfully. BE HOME EVERY NIGHT! Most drivers make 3-5 deliveries each day, with each delivery usually being no more than 90 miles one-way. LEE Building Products employees are eligible to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan after one year of employment.
· Class A CDL – No Restrictions
· Clean Driving Record
· Safety conscious
· Friendly and polite
· Professional appearance and attitude
· Good basic math skills
· Enjoys working outdoors
· Ability to pass D.O.T physical and drug screen
· Ability to comply with company attendance and safety policies
Note: “Yard” includes Inventory Area, Block Yard, Brick Yard, Warehouse, and Misc.
· Perform and properly document daily inspections on all assigned equipment.
· Help build loads and ensure proper loading, and securing of material on truck, including product placement and legal weight limits per D.O.T. guidelines.
· Review paperwork to ensure all material and quantities match paperwork before leaving yard.
· Review and understand directions to jobsite before leaving yard.
· Safely drive loaded tractor trailer truck to jobsite, following all traffic laws and speed limits.
· Inspect Jobsite before unloading for any safety issues, lateral lines, or other property our equipment might damage.
· Unload and place material per prescribed needs of customer and/or as stated on paperwork.
· Ensure our customers jobsite stay clean while on site, including picking up and restacking any spilled material.
· Organize and pick up material from jobsite and bring back to yard. Document quantities and material type picked up as prescribed by office.
· Properly log all activities per D.O.T. standards.
· Assist other employees in the yard when not driving.
· Help keep yard clean and organized.
· Adhere to all Department of Transportation guidelines, rules, and regulations.
· Follow all Company policies.
· Reading comprehension – ability to read documents to maintain driver’s log, review invoices/orders, verify materials ordered are delivered, follow maps/directions, and understand and adhere to company policies and procedures
· Math skills -- ability to calculate loads and add up items on invoices and bills of lading
· Documentation Skills – ability to clearly and concisely document orders, deliveries, and D.O.T driver’s log in a timely manner according to approved processes
· Physical fitness – drivers should be physically fit and able to pass a D.O.T. physical & drug screen, lift, stand, bend, and carry moderately heavy objects on a daily basis. See physical requirements.
· Safety Management – the ability to follow all D.O.T. rules and regulations, OSHA requirements, and company safety policies to maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others
· Ability to lift up to 95 pounds
· Ability to sit, stand, squat, and stretch repeatedly throughout the work shift
· Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
· Ability to repeat the same movements for a long period of time
· Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
· Ability to make quick and precise adjustments to machine controls
· Ability to see details of objects that are more than a few feet away, with or without corrective lenses. Vision of 20/40 acuity in each eye with or without correction.
· Ability to see objects that are off to one side while looking forward (peripheral vision). 70” peripheral in the horizontal meridian measured in each eye.
· Ability to determine the distance between objects
· Ability to hear sounds and respond (such as warning alarms). Ability to hear “forced whisper” at a distance of 5 feet or less with or without a hearing aid.
Workhours and Schedule
· Full Time – Monday - Friday
· Typical work hours and shifts: 7:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
· Overtime paid at time and a half
· Some weekends and overtime may be scheduled and required.
· NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL – Be home every night!
· May be indoors or outdoors
· Non-temperature-controlled environment
· Exposure to moving equipment, heavy materials, and large trucks
Education and Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Class A CDL with no restrictions
· Experience driving tractor trailers with piggy lifts, dump trucks, and straight trucks desired
· Good math, language, and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
· Clean driving record and ability to pass a drug screen and D.O.T. physical
LEE Building ProductsWhy Work Here?
We are a business built on a solid foundation of trust, honesty, and hard work and offer exciting growth and development opportunities.
We are an employee-owned masonry materials company committed to being the first choice of our customers and employees while adding value to the company every day and positively impacting the communities in which we serve. By building relationships based on trust and hard work, we've been able to expand our offerings to the areas we serve and invest in our people, production facilities, and equipment.
309 Dishman LaneBowling Green, KY
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at LEE Building Products