LED FastStart seeks Contract Instructional Designer/Developers to work with eLearning initiatives. Due to the nature of the contract operations, resumes will ONLY be accepted from Louisiana based (or near proximity) contractors.
The candidate should possess a strong background in Instructional Design and Development. Contractors must have an ability to work independently while balancing their workload and meeting tight deadlines. This position will require some on location work at either LED FastStart or client locations.
The ideal candidate will already have experience in the following:
- Previous working experience in instructional design for 5 or more years
- BA or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field
- In depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Basic functionality knowledge of Captivate and Articulate (Storyline)
- Visual design knowledge (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
LED FastStart Contract Instructional Designer/Developers will work under guidance from LED FastStart staff, primarily the eLearning Manager.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Create engaging compelling course content and learning activities, including interactive components
- Be creative, innovative and collaborative on a wide range of projects
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches learning targets
- Visualize instructional graphics, layout, user interface and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends, including best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Develop supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, gamification, etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Be familiar with common authoring tools, various LMS and basic functionality
- Apply effective written and oral communication skills
- Deliver designs that are client-centric, detail oriented and results driven.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
A related degree is preferred, but job experience and specific job training certifications and certificates carry equal weight.
Due to the nature of the contract operations, resumes will ONLY be accepted from Louisiana based (or near proximity) contractors. We appreciate your interest in partnering with LED FastStart; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide samples of work and speak to role in the showcased projects.