Work 10-30 hours per week afternoons and weekends. Now hiring for Part-Time Behavior Technician positions! Work with children with autism -- no formal experience required;
- Flexible schedule options
- Paid training
- A magnetic and familial work culture where co-workers value and support one another
Shine Your Light and Grow at SPARKS! We are a forward-thinking, leader in the autism services field in the DC Metro Area, and if you have a talent for connecting with children, we would love to talk with you! At SPARKS we will train you on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and teach you to engage and motivate kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders to learn amazing new skills. As a part of the SPARKS team you’ll have a unique opportunity to grow professionally and be part of a fun and connected workplace.
- Work one-on-one with kids with special needs/ developmental disabilities in their homes
- Multiple full-time and part-time positions (afternoons & evenings) available
- Opportunities throughout the District of Columbia (Northwest, Southeast, Northeast), Maryland (Prince George’s, Montgomery, Anne Arundel) and Northern Virginia (Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church)
- Receive extensive training to provide behavior therapy/ Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) – to create lasting change for our kids and their families
- Be a part-teacher, part-coach and part-clinician
- Receive support and supervision from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Eligible to earn Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
This position is similar to the following position at other companies; Behavior Therapist (BT), Behavior Technician, Registered Behavior Technician, Behavior Interventionist, ABA Tutor, ABA Therapist, ABA Instructor.
- You must have experience working with children; nanny, childcare, teaching, camp counselor
- Some college preferred; psychology, education, special education, child care, health science
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, English, Amharic and others)
- Evening availability for a minimum of 4 evenings per week (M-F)
- Reliable transportation (your assigned families will live near your school or home)
Candidates interested in the following positions will find this role similarly rewarding and are encouraged to apply; Home Health Aide (HHA), Teacher Aide, Child Care Worker, Instructor, Counselor, Education Assistant, Home Care Worker, Caregiver, Mental Health Therapist.
SPARKS Group is part of LEARN Behavioral, the leading network of providers serving children with autism and other special needs. LEARN Behavioral and its providers are wholly-owned and operated by Learn-It Systems, LLC and its subsidiaries.
SPARKS/Learn It Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be presently eligible to work in the United States.