Work with Kids in Echo Park and surrounding areas!
No formal training required, just bring a passion for working with children and an interest in learning about behavior management. Our team is excited to train and develop you in this rewarding profession!
Begin a new career! Autism Spectrum Therapies (AST), www.autismtherapies.com, one of the largest, most respected autism services organizations in the country, is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are ready to begin a new career working with children with autism. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys working with kids, is open to learning and being trained in our field, and has a desire to work flexible afternoon and evening hours. Excellent opportunity for college students and recent graduates!
- Receive extensive paid training to provide behavior therapy/ Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) – to create lasting change for our kids and their families
- Receive support and supervision from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Eligible to earn Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) certification
- Mileage and time reimbursement when traveling between clients
- Multiple opportunities for advancement
- Work one-on-one with kids with special needs/ developmental disabilities
- Multiple positions available working days and afternoons. Servicing hours are currently part-time 3:00pm-8:30pm Monday-Friday and 9:00am-3:00pm Saturday. (Potential to grow into full-time)
- Be willing to drive to clients throughout Echo Park, Silver Lake, Eagle Rock, Loz feliz and surrounding areas (Drive-time and mileage compensated between clients)
- Work with kids in their home environment with a focus on activities they naturally do (play!)
- Take ongoing data on programs using the latest technology
- Provide caregiver/parent support and education
This position is similar to the following position at other companies; Behavior Therapist, Behavior Interventionist, Registered Behavior Technician, ABA Tutor.
- Have experience working with children; nanny, childcare, teaching, camp counselor
- High School Diploma Required/Some college preferred
- Valid Drivers license/ Reliable transportation
- Preferred areas of study; psychology, education, special education, child care, health science
- Candidates interested in the following positions will find this role similarly rewarding and are encouraged to apply; Home Health Aide (HHA), Teacher Aide, Child Care Worker, Instructor, Counselor, Education Assistant, Home Care Worker, Caregiver, Mental Health Therapist.
- Fluent Spanish Bilingual candidates eligible for premium pay
AST/Learn Behavioral is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be presently eligible to work in the United States.