Work with kids! No formal experience required, just bring a passion for working with children and an interest in learning about positive behavioral treatment. Our team is excited to train you and develop your skills in this rewarding profession!
Work where you live…many opportunities throughout Wisconsin including in and around Slinger and West Bend.
Change a child’s life by working for Wisconsin Early Autism Project (WEAP), http://www.wiautism.com, the largest and most respected autism services organization in Wisconsin. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are ready to begin a career working with children with autism. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys working with kids, is open to learning and being trained in our growing field, and has a desire to work flexible hours. Excellent opportunity for college students and recent graduates!
Starting at $13.25 with higher rates available based on experience.
Currently hiring for Part-time!
- Work one-on-one with kids (18 months to school age) with special needs/ developmental disabilities as a Behavioral Treatment Technician
- Flexible part-time hours between 7am-7pm
- Opportunities for advancement and full-time hours (including health benefits)
- Receive extensive (paid) training to provide behavior therapy/ Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) – to create lasting change for our kids and their families
- Work with kids in their home or in one of our centers with a focus on activities they naturally do (play!)
- Receive support and supervision from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
This position is similar to the following position at other companies; Behavioral Technician, Behavior Therapist, Behavior Technician, Registered Behavior Technician, RBT, Board Certified Autism Therapist, BCAT, Behavior Treatment Technician, ABA Tutor, Line Therapist, Behavior Interventionist, Instructor.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation/public transport route
- Must be able to lift 50lb child
- Experience working with children preferred; nanny, childcare, teaching, camp counselor
- Preferred areas of study; psychology, education, special education, child care, health science
- Candidates interested in the following positions will find this role similarly rewarding and are encouraged to apply; Teacher, Psychologist, Behavior Analyst, Speech and Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Home Health Aide (HHA), Teacher Aide, Child Care Worker, Instructor, Counselor, Education Assistant, Home Care Worker, Caregiver, Mental Health Therapist, Childcare Assistant, Paraprofessional, Life Skills Coach.
WEAP is part of LEARN Behavioral, the leading network of providers serving children with autism and other special needs.
WEAP/LEARN Behavioral is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be presently eligible to work in the United States.