General Manager with restaurant and hospitality experience
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing operation which includes events, restaurant support, janitorial and stewarding services, quality assurance. The position will liaise and communicate with department heads on a daily and weekly basis. Attend meetings in person, via call, or internet to ensuring issues are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of the client. Position is responsible for the training, development and evaluation of staff, ensuring operations are running efficiently on a day to day basis.
- Provide professional and prompt customer service; Attend regular meetings with customers to ensure good relations and timely resolution to issues; Respond to on-call emergencies as needed
- Lead, support, communicate and coordinate daily with Supervisors, Team Leaders and employees by directing team to guarantee the highest degree of customer satisfaction
- Mentor and motivate team to perform at their highest level of competency and to be committed to providing our customers with a consistent positive and professional interactions.
- Oversee the daily scope of work, work orders, periodic work and project work.
- Understand the cleaning schedules of all sites and develop an inspection and re-supply schedule.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and conduct in accordance to LCS policy and procedure; Ensure LCS policies and procedures are maintained and followed; Work with Human Resources Coordinator to ensure staff operates in compliance these standards.
- Must be extremely safety conscious and promote safe working practices at all times; Ensure safety program implementation and compliance; Ensure proper maintenance of all equipment and makes arrangements for care and repair; Manages chemical supply and re-stock.
- Train new management on all aspects of job specifications and safety; Hands on site training will be required during the training process to ensure exactness of tasks.
- Conduct quality control assurance inspection audits at each site and address quality discrepancies immediately with employees.
- Manage employee performance and document any corrective action; Responsible for administration of progressive discipline and oversee Work Improvement Discussion (WIDâ€™s) and disciplinary action(s) to improve effective team communication.
- Ability to fill out clear, legible written reports, quality control inspections, Work Order requests, employee evaluations, inventory reports and other forms as needed.
- Manage payroll responsibilities which include the review, editing and submission of staff payroll each week through company system.
- Support and mentor Supervisors to become independent and able to perform tasks with excellent results; Focus on providing the best service to our customers.
- Work with Director to stay within budget each week; Attend weekly meetings with team to ensure open communication and transparency within the team.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with supervisory team to clearly address operational goals and help keep team on track.
- Support and market LCS employee programs such as â€œTeam Member of the Monthâ€, â€œTeam Member Referral Programâ€ and â€œSafety Firstâ€ to team through group meetings, communications boards, Team Connect and opening / closing group huddles.
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise.
- Assist with startup of new account operations as needed.
- Attend LCS training workshops when scheduled and required.
- Attempt to increase revenue by ensuring supervisors are looking for ways to provide additional or periodic services to our customers.
Personal: Integrity, strong work ethic, strong organizational and leadership skills, communication and problem-solving skills.
Management: Ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multi-task; Proven experience managing a janitorial team through motivation, coaching and development; Self-motivated to accomplish goals with a strong sense of responsibility and customer focus; Proactive and professional attitude and creative thinking. Ability to read, comprehend, and implement the Scope of Work for a contract and communicate that knowledge to supervisors and employees.
Experience: Associateâ€™s Degree preferred; Ten (10) years management experience in service industry; Requires a satisfactory working knowledge in all major areas of building maintenance, including restroom sanitation, office cleaning, carpet care, hard floor care, equipment operation and maintenance, chemical knowledge, SDS and safety. OSHA 10 or 30 certification.
Technical: Proficient with general office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Familiarity with electronic timekeeping systems preferred.
Background: All management is required to pass a Motor Vehicle and criminal background check.
LCS Facility Group
RetailView all jobs at LCS Facility Group