LCS Constructors Inc. Irvine, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Want to work with companies who are changing the world? LCS is focused on helping companies grow and in order to make that happen, these companies need new laboratory and technical facilities We are currently seeking a Laboratory Designer to join our team. If you enjoy teamwork, designing complex laboratory facilities, and sometimes bagels on Thursdays, then consider a laboratory design career with LCS!
Lab Designer Responsibilities
· Design of creative spaces, that define and shape the principles of innovative laboratory and clean rooms.
· Be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project.
· Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for laboratory facilities in the areas of programming, design, fit-out planning, equipment planning, MEP systems integration planning, casework specification, and construction administration.
· Experience to include working directly with clients: senior management, scientists, laboratory managers and technicians, facilities and project managers, and other project stakeholders in determining and documenting programmatic requirements.
- Provides advanced technical knowledge in the laboratory planning and programming of various-sized healthcare, medical device manufacturing, pharmaceutical, academic research, biotech, or other emerging technical facilities.
- Participates in user group meetings (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for laboratory specifications in technical facilities.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Assists in the design development, modification, and/or review of laboratory planning concepts and solutions.
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Develops architectural drawings and specifications to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- May lead periodic project meetings and presentations; ensure the client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- May prepare presentation/design drawings and build models for client/project team review.
- Demonstrates creativity, passion, and interest in the design and planning of laboratories and clean rooms within technical facilities.
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements for laboratory design.
- Knowledge of laboratory programming delivery and how design impacts those systems -including space, operational, and equipment programming, as well as MEP systems and casework.
- Knowledge of laboratory planning, design, construction documents, construction administration, and project construction cost control for lab facilities.
- Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey laboratory planning needs to designers and other team members.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
LCS Constructors Inc.Why Work Here?
LCS is a leading general contractor of laboratory & technical facilities. We build environments that fuel creativity.
LCS is the leading industry specialist in the planning, building, service, and maintenance of laboratory and technical facilities. With over 3,000 laboratory projects successfully completed for exacting clients throughout the U.S., we’ve mastered the art of delivering complex environments that perform flawlessly.
Arts and Entertainment