Construction Project Manager
LCS Constructors Irvine, CA
- Expired: March 03, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Want to work with companies who are changing the world? LCS is focused on helping companies grow and in order to make that happen, these companies need new laboratory and technical facilities. Whether it’s a new building or the tenant improvement or build-out of an existing facility, successful project planning, execution, and closeout is a must. So, if you enjoy planning, budgeting, overseeing, and documenting all aspects of a project, and sometimes bagels on Thursdays, then consider a Project Management career with LCS!
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and consistently produce quality work.
- Ability to write and negotiate contracts and subcontracts.
- Ensure all project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality.
- Negotiate and process change orders, approve invoices, complete payment requests, control cost, and budget, develop revenue and profit projections.
- Develop and implement an operational schedule (independent from estimating) with constantly updated “look-ahead” data from the project delivery team. Select vendors, negotiate and award subcontracts and major Purchase Orders.
- Be accountable for the profitability, schedule compliance, field and office quality assurance, customer satisfaction, and repeat business.
- Meet with executive teams in order to review the project.
- Maintain open communication with and manage all subcontractors.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with employees, management, vendors, and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Math and Budgeting
- Ability to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field.
- Strong math skills to ensure you know where project money is going at all times.
- Ability to solve problems that come up during day-to-day operations.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Confidently make decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Ability to develop both new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Maintain the company’s relationship with project architects and other consultants while encouraging other team members to develop and maintain these relationships
- Ability to keep employees motivated.
- Ability to create and support overall team morale.
- Ability to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to make hard decisions for your employees.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers for fast-paced growth development.
- Provide feedback and performance grades to Leadership Team regarding the performance of all LCS team members assigned to a project.
- Assist the Leadership Team in establishing new training programs for the team.
Qualifications and Skills
· 5+ years of project management with complex construction and design-build projects.
· BA in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Project management software
- Scheduling software
- Accounting cost management software
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills.
- Well-organized and reliable with great attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complex issues with a “can-do” attitude.
ConstructionView all jobs at LCS Constructors