EPC Project Manager
LCR Enfield, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Louth Callan Renewables is currently seeking an EPC Project Manager to oversee commercial and utility-scale photovoltaic solar projects through development, construction, commissioning, and turnover to Operations. The successful candidate will assist in due diligence on potential project acquisitions, define EPC scopes of work for projects nearing construction, and plan and track progress on active construction projects. This position will be based in New England and report to the Director of Engineering and Construction. The role requires managing multiple project portfolios and traveling periodically to inspect major construction milestones at job sites.
- Define and document RFPs and scope of work packages for 3rd party EPC firms. Participate in EPC selection and contract negotiation.
- Conduct due diligence on potential solar sites, evaluate the suitability of identified sites, participate in due diligence review, and analyze various reports (i.e., environmental, geo-tech, etc.).
- Act as the Owner's Engineer for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) on distributed generation and utility PV solar projects in the US.
- Review design drawings and engineering deliverables from EPC contractors to prioritize critical areas for further Engineering review.
- Manage the Request for Information and Change Management processes for incoming design change requests
- Facilitate permitting and jurisdictional approval processes.
- Coordinate with EPC contractors and equipment vendors to ensure adherence to and compliance with contract terms and contractual deliverables.
- Manage activities of an internal team of project engineering, asset management, legal and accounting staff, and deliverables of EPC, client, regulatory, and permitting authorities.
- Ensure project quality control by conducting on-site inspections as needed, coordinating with 3rd party independent engineering firms if necessary.
- Lead project status update meetings with AES management, energy off-takers, EPCs, and finance counterparties - facilitating discussions with a detailed project plan and high-level status dashboard.
- Manage the collection, organization, and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third-party stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of internal operating policies, standards, and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a project management role is required.
- Require familiarity with photovoltaic solar design and technical standards as well as civil and structural technical knowledge.
- Experience in solar or wind renewable energy is a plus but not required.
- Project Management Institute PMP certification is a plus but not required.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, CPM scheduling, and Microsoft Project or Primavera P6.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations.
- Familiarity with the content of PVSYST and System Advisor Model (SAM) production reports is a plus.
- Familiarity with NEC Section 690 and NFPA 1.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive-level reporting that ensure timely action and decision-making in time-pressured scenarios.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30-35%, on average.
- NABCEP PV Installer Certification a plus.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Energy storage knowledge is a plus.
LCRWhy Work Here?
The fastest-growing New England-based start-up solar company approaching 1GW of work available. Great culture, leadership, and pay.
Louth Callan Renewables (LCR) is an experienced solar construction and investment firm headquartered in New England. LCR builds optimized renewable energy projects including Solar PV, and battery storage and provides quality pre-construction and O&M services
55 main streetEnfield, CT
ConstructionView all jobs at LCR