This position is a trainee position for our Petroleum Technician role (https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/f1e19b6d). We are looking for candidates that has a background in (or similar to) working with electrical equipment repairs, monitoring systems and/or point-of-sale systems. Day to day, you will be working with one of our Petroleum Technicians or Petroleum Testers gaining work experience and hands-on training. Multiple certifications will be paid by LC Services when skill level justifies the investment.
Responsibilities: Assist in the job duties of Petroleum Technician at general, limited or minimal supervision based on increasing levels of capabilities with increasing levels of independence.
- Make needed repairs and/or adjustments to fuel dispensing equipment
- Make repairs to equipment associated with the underground storage tanks and delivery systems (this includes alarms, sensors, and probes)
- Commision, troubleshoot, reset, and/or reload POS (Point of Sale) equipment
- Conduct regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment
- Meet response time parameters for repair work and ensure high priority work is completed first as communicated by dispatch
- Ensure assigned vehicle is appropriately stocked with parts as needed
- Complete accurate work order reporting within required timelines
- Available to work “on call” as assigned (this may require unscheduled overtime, or the ability to respond to emergency situations)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated