Chief Operating Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In 2021 LBMC was named a Top 3 Pacesetter for Growth and jumped 8 places in Accounting Today’s Top 100 Firms list, landing at #34. Other recent accolades include being named a 2021 Best Firms for Technology by Accounting Today, a Forbes 2021 Best Accounting Firm, and 2021 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services - earning the #35 spot on this prestigious national list. LBMC was also named a Fortune Certified Great Place to Work as measured by feedback from our team members in the Trust Index™ Survey, and we pride ourselves on our collaborative team environment & sophisticated client portfolio around the US.
LBMC values hiring individuals with a growth mindset, so if you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutions—LBMC is the place for you! LBMC is based in Nashville, and we have competitive benefits including both remote and in-person work options, dynamic technology solutions, financial incentives for training and certifications, curated professional growth organizations such as the Women’s Initiative Network, Rising Stars and New Leaders Trainings, Lending Hands community initiative, and robust Talent Development offerings.
This Chief Operating Officer role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about driving strategic cross-functional initiatives and ensuring company commitments and priorities are being executed effectively and efficiently. The COO will report directly to the CEO and has responsibility for the Firm’s financial reporting, tracking, and accounting, as well as risk management, and administration for the firm.
The COO is responsible for partnering with executive leadership to align on operations, strategy prioritization and business intelligence. This role will also support service line optimization initiatives.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Leads the firm’s internal financial and accounting team, as well as having responsibility for firm administration and risk management
- Implement business strategies, plans and procedures that will optimize service line delivery in alignments with strategic direction of the firm
- Serves as a strategic advisor to the executive team by providing hands-on analysis and oversight on operational and process improvement projects, strategic initiatives and business intelligence
- Align and appropriately balance the operational needs of the organization with capital requirements and the ability to effectively process change
- Manages risk and exposure for the firm
- Create value by fostering an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- Participate in growth initiatives such as acquisitions, strategic alliances etc.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting firm data and metrics
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Understanding of diverse business functions of the firm and how they must all integrate for efficient client service deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan and execute on strategic initiatives
- Proven aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Positive attitude with motivational and problem-solving skills
- Proven to excel in people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic
- Must have excellent communication, listening and organizational skills
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, decision sciences, or the like; MBA preferred
- CPA Licensure is preferred
- Must consistently demonstrate:
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Ability to prioritize and deliver work in a fast past environment with multiple demanding client/project/teams yielding positive ROI with more efficient and effective workflow
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Easily moving from strategic planning (what is good for the greater picture) to tactical (delivery of work) and back again; balancing priorities and business demands many times without a clear direction
- FOSTERING RELATIONSHIPS; Building meaningful relationships and leveraging influence. Demonstrates mutual respect for team members, peers, and clients.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Delivering own work in timely and quality fashion, while setting the tone for the team to persevere even when it is most difficult.
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT: Creating efficient processes and removing obstacles for the team to achieve results.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: The ability to foresee issues and puts plans in place to avoid issue for team.
- TEAMBUILDING: Building effective team(s), directing and motivating others; demonstrating managerial courage even in the most difficult of team member situations.
- The job may require additional duties other than the responsibilities listed above. The following skills are also required: ability to speak, hear, see, and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions.
Diversity and Inclusion at LBMC
Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work. At LBMC, our mission of delivering the best to our clients and each other every day is rooted in our unique differences. Our engagement, growth and success are at their best when team members have equal opportunity and are included. Diversity brings value to LBMC by connecting us with our community and driving innovation.
*LBMC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. *
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at LBMC