Audit Support Specialist
LBMC is built on individuals with entrepreneurial spirits and believe in the power of a hybrid workforce. We are consistently named a Pacesetter for Growth in the U.S. as we continue to add team members to each of 4 LBMC offices in the Southeast and remote. LBMC also continues to receive accolades including being noted as a Fortune Great Place to Work, a Top 5 Firm in the Southeast, a Top Accounting Firm on Accounting Today’s Top 100 list, Best Firm in Technology, Best Workplace in Consulting & Professional Services, and more! We are proud to provide individualized career paths regardless of team member location and work schedules.
LBMC offers competitive benefits including generous PTO schedules, dynamic technology solutions for remote work, robust Talent Development and continuing professional education programs, inclusive Business Resource Groups, enhanced parental leave, thoughtfully structured mentorship, and individual development programs, and more. We are committed to giving back to our local communities through LBMC initiatives such as Lending Hands and the LBMC Cares Foundation to support causes important to team members. While we may have a global footprint, we still believe in the power of southern hospitality and supporting the causes that matter to both our team members and clients and are committed to enhancing team member benefits as we identify gaps and changes in the marketplace.
LBMC values individuals with a growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit, so if you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutions—LBMC is the place for you! If you are interested in joining a firm that provides personalized career paths, the opportunity to work with sophisticated clients around the US and encourages a “work that works for you” mentality, please reach out.
This Audit Support Specialist role is a great opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in auditing and wants to learn more about what it takes to work as an internal or external auditor. New hires will work closely with the LBMC Audit division in performing select financial/benefit plan audit engagements and assist with administrative tasks as needed. A CPA is not required for this opportunity!
SCOPE OF WORK
- Work collaboratively with audit engagement team members to assist in the preparation of select client workpapers. Quickly and efficiently perform selected audit program steps.
- Communicate with audit team to gather audit information and work with third party service providers to gather audit information
- Monitor and review engagement progress and client expectations to deliver services that meet or exceed the expectations of the client and engagement team
- Carry out a variety of tasks for multiple while maintaining organization, efficiency, and communication with the audit team
- Prepare client deliverables and internal/external correspondence
- Assist in engagement team coordination such as scheduling, staffing, and tracking
- Track and monitors engagement and personal performance metrics, such as budget to actual costs incurred
- Adheres to LBMC’s defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy, and other regulating bodies as appropriate.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field
- 2+ years of accounting experience (preferably in a professional services firm, but not required)
- Strong organizational and computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel
- Ability to assume and perform multiple tasks concurrently
Diversity and Inclusion at LBMC
Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work. At LBMC, our mission of delivering the best to our clients and each other every day is rooted in our unique differences. Our engagement, growth and success are at their best when team members have equal opportunity and are included. Diversity brings value to LBMC by connecting us with our community and driving innovation.
*LBMC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.*
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.