Business Data Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The LBJ Express is currently the largest P3 operation in Texas and one of the largest ever undertaken in the U.S. With an Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) of 270,000, it is a regionally-significant transportation improvement project in North Texas that is relieving severe congestion in the dense urban area of north Dallas. In 2009, the Cintra-led consortium was selected to complete the design, construction, finance, operation, and maintenance of the project along I-635 and I-35E. Since opening in September 2015, approximately three months ahead of schedule, the general highway lanes are realizing a 60% decrease in congestion time and a 10% increase in average speed.
What makes us different?
Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
Your next calling:
As the Senior Toll Operations Analyst, you will have the opportunity to assist with monitoring and supporting day to day operations of the back-office systems to ensure on-time and accurate billing of toll transactions; accurate toll rate revenue and traffic; ensuring managed lane customers experience is a predictable and reliable experience. The Senior Toll Operations Analyst also actively participates in the implementation and testing of back office systems, tracks results and records, and escalates system performance issues.
Functions key to success:
Reconciliation and Analysis:
- Rating the daily toll rate gaps using Toll System Module
- Analyze and review daily toll rates processed by tolling system, identify discrepancies, possible issues and escalate as needed
- Analyze transactions generated from the roadside, to ensure timely and accurate data transmission and data validation of transactions and escalate as needed
- Analyze and trend all uncollectable transactions from back office system and provide recommended solution to reduce the revenue impact
- Analyze and trend revenue adjusted transactions from Toll Service Provider and provide recommended solution to reduce the revenue impact
- Analyzing trends, identifying insights, and presenting recommendations to executives
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI visualization tool
- Monitor daily alarms notifications and escalate as needed
- Validate daily and monthly reports
- Perform reconciliation of the invoices and payments processed
- Prepare monthly and quarterly operational reports for upper management
- Provide support during internal and external audits
- Create and review operational process and procedure documents, ensuring accuracy and updating as necessary
- Responsible to work with the Central Systems to develop back office system enhancements and report system operational constraints, deficiencies and defects
- Manage Concession and Non-Concession Exempt users and generate monthly reports
- Actively participate in the review of test cases to ensure compliance to all operational, technical and performance requirements, identify operational shortcomings, identify CDA non-compliance items and ensure usability
- Actively participate in system integration and user acceptance testing
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
You have worked hard to achieve success in your educational career, now put it to use. If you have a bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Business or related field, you are halfway there with the needed abilities for this position. Do you have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in toll operations, banking, medical, or another transaction processing environment along with experience extracting, sampling, and visualization of large data sets? If the answer is yes, you can check off another box.
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what is important to NTE and LBJ:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effectively manage tasks, deadlines, and individuals through vendor contracts
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, and implement innovative processes within a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in training, supporting, and motivating operational staff
Finally, in a technology-driven world, it is important to know your way around a computer. For this role, it will be important to know the basics of the following:
- Knowledge of IT network communications and systems
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially as to Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point and other PC based programs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Power BI visualization tool and Visio
Our working environment:
NTE and LBJ wants to ensure that all employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. Our office is typically quiet with low noise levels; however, you will often hear employees laughing and talking amongst themselves. Effective communication will be key for this role and will require you to talk and hear others. You will probably spend a majority of your time sitting and/or walking around the office, whether to visit a co-worker or make it to a meeting on time and there may be occasional long hours to put in if you are diligently working to complete a project and finish a report. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer. There could be a time when you may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, but not very often. Finally, there will be some travel that will be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At LBJ Infrastructure Group, we work to provide congestion-management solutions to North Texas drivers. With the addition of the LBJ TEXpress Lanes, we offer drivers a choice in their daily commutes. With more than 500,000 trips per day on the LBJ Express project alone, it is imperative to offer a product that enables drivers to maintain a more predictable rate of speed.
LBJ Infrastructure Group LLC
LBJ Infrastructure Group (LBJIG), a transportation infrastructure company which represents a consortium of companies, has a public-private partnership (P3) with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for the $2.7 billion LBJ Express project on I-635 and I-35E. Based in Dallas/Fort Worth, LBJ is responsible for the design, development, operations and maintenance of the LBJ Express and its 13.3 miles of LBJ TEXpress Lanes which opened in September 2015. At LBJ Infrastructure Group, we work to provide congestion-management solutions to North Texas drivers. With the addition of the LBJ TEXpress Lanes, we offer drivers a choice in their daily commutes. With more than 500,000 trips per day on the LBJ Express project alone, it is imperative to offer a product that enables drivers to maintain a more predictable rate of speed.
4545 Lyndon B Johnson FreewayDallas, TX