LA’s BEST is an afterschool program that provides homework assistance, enrichment, and recreational activities to children on elementary school campuses throughout the Los Angeles Unified School District.
NOW HIRING FOR SITE COORDINATOR IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
CENTRAL REGION: SILVERLAKE & ECHO PARK
Please email your resume to HR@LASBEST.LAUSD.NET
Subject line: Central Site Coordinator
This is a leadership position I highly encourage you to visit our website at www.lasbest.org for more information about this position.
If offered a position, you must meet the minimum requirements for processing by LA's
BEST and the Los Angeles Unified School District, which consists of the following:
1. You must be 18 years of age or older
2. You must present your original HS diploma/GED/Official HS transcripts
3. An adult Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment within 60 days of your processing appointment
4. Your name on your original Social Security Card must match with your Driver's License or ID
5. You must have an unexpired Driver's License or Unexpired CA ID
6. LAUSD will fingerprint and conduct a government background check; which will cost $56 that
will be automatically deducted from two of your checks (28x2).
A. Primary Function
Visits District out-of-school program school sites within a region to supervise the development and organization of enrichment and/or recreation activities on a part-time basis.
B. Typical Duties
1. Supervises, plans, organizes, and participates in the enrichment and/or recreation programs on out-of-school program school sites within one recreation region.
2. Visits assigned out-of-school program site to discuss problems and advises out-of-school program personnel of solutions.
3. Assists in conducting in-service training sessions for out-of-school program personnel.
4. Assists in interpreting Branch and District policies and procedures for subordinates.
5. Participates in developing community interest in enrichment and/or recreation activities.
6. Determines the need for and assists in the procurement and distribution of enrichment and/or recreation supplies and equipment.
7. Performs related duties as assigned.
C. Distinguishing Characteristics
- A Traveling Out-of-School Program Supervisor supervises the enrichment and/or recreation programs of either an educational complex or elementary or secondary schools within a region. Positions in this class are part-time (not more than 139 hours per pay period) and are in the Unclassified Service. Full-time positions are in the Classified Service.
- An Area Out-of-School Program Supervisor organizes, schedules, supervises, and evaluates enrichment and/or recreation programs at an out-of-school program school site.
- An Out-of-School Program Supervisor or a Senior Out-of-School Program Supervisor directs enrichment and/or recreation activities at an out-of-school program school site.
General supervision is received from an Area Out-of-School Program Supervisor or a Recreation Program Supervisor. General supervision is exercised over Senior Out-of-School Program Supervisors, Out-of-School Program Supervisors, Out-of-School Program Workers, and Playground Program Specialists.
- Knowledge of Fundamentals of organizing group enrichment and/or recreation programs.
- Rules, equipment, and materials for a variety of enrichment and recreation activities.
- Safety considerations in the organization and operation of enrichment and recreation activities.
- Enrichment and/or recreation interests of communities served.
- Recruit, supervise, and train out-of-school program personnel.
- Schedule and supervise a variety of enrichment and/or recreation activities.
- Exercise good judgment in emergency situations.
- Travel to other District sites and locations. Mobility to traverse all areas of the work site.
- Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent education proficiency.
- Nine months of experience in conducting out-of-school programs.
A valid Red Cross First-Aid Certificate must be obtained within 90 days after employment begins.
LA's BESTLA's BEST Better Educated Students for Tomorrow is a nationally recognized after school education, enrichment and recreation program serving more than 27,000 children with the greatest needs and fewest resources throughout the City of Los Angeles. LA's BEST After School Enrichment Program provides a safe haven for children, ages 5 to 12, at 200 LAUSD elementary school sites each day during the critical hours after school at no cost to parents. Established in 1988, LA's BEST is a partnership including the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the private sector.