Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Northeast
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Sr HRBP), Northeast works as the strategic partner supporting the company’s business initiatives by facilitating the assigned regions’ Human Resources teams in establishing and meeting professional, compliant, fun and people-first employment practices. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused, servant leadership culture, the Sr. HRBP acts as a liaison between the programs and initiatives originating from our Founding Partners and Home Office HR leaders to support the individual needs of our operational teams throughout the Northeast region which consists of union and non-union staff.
Principal Job Duties:
HR Processes and Compliance
- Lead and develop talent within the Northeast regional HR team consisting of HR Business Partners, HR Generalists and HR Coordinators.
- Administer annual HR Audits and drives action plans to ensure ongoing compliance
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws in regions and works on developing and executing strategic initiatives to avoid potential wage and hour litigation
- Manage the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to HR, including those relating to executed collective bargaining agreements
- Partner with internal and external counsel to advise and facilitate legal proceedings and employment issues
- Educate Northeast regional Human Resources teams on appropriate guidelines on maintaining a legally-compliant workplace including updating practices with changes in wage and hour laws
- Educate others on best practices for identifying and developing talent
- Support assigned field human resources teams in facilitating and resolving policy, wage and hours and employee relations issues in accordance with company policy
- Provide sophisticated leadership to our HR teams in their assigned regions to ensure consistent implementation of effective HR programs and initiatives that align to core business objectives
- Act as a change agent and strategic partner to the regions’ operations teams and the Home Office to develop strategies for increased efficiency, leveraging analytics, data and reporting to drive results
- Act as an escalation for regional HRBPs and provides leadership and support related to policy, wage and hour and employee relations issues in accordance with company policy
- Foster and maintain a consultative relationship with internal stakeholders, including operations teams, regional management and the home office
- Assist assigned field human resources teams and operations teams with performance management, including coaching and counseling
- Provide strategic HR consulting to operations and the regional HR teams on full spectrum of HR priorities including recruiting, succession planning, organizational development, leadership development and compensation
- Support the human resources team to actively manage workers compensation claims and compliance for assigned regions
- Work on acquisition team to lead HR-related tasks, activities and onboarding
- Identify and lead the development of high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth educating on best practices for identifying and developing talent
- Build a strategy for and executes the annual benefits open enrollment effort for assigned regions
- Manage employee learning initiatives, safety, wellness and health and employee communications for the assigned regions.
- Others related duties as assigned
- Up to 40%, depending on business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- PHR certification is preferred
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management or Organizational Leadership preferred
- 7-10+ years HR experience with emphasis on employee relations and leadership
- 5+ years leading/managing an HR work team
- Experience implementing and/or leveraging organizational development models
- Knowledge of union laws and guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, with specific experience leading HR in a multi-site/multi-state environment
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and general Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving
- Strong customer service skills and abilities
- Strong consultative skills
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude)
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
BusinessView all jobs at LAZ Parking