- Posted: over a month ago
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Regional Safety Manager reports to National Safety Manager and is responsible for helping to facilitate ongoing safety training initiatives for frontline employees, location managers, and portfolio managers in their respective super regions. This is a high-demand role, with daily interaction between frontline valets, cashiers, managers, Human Resources and Risk Departments.
Principal Job Duties:
- Builds relationships with operations to understand business needs and objectives
- Partner with HR and operations on employee engagement initiatives/events
- Partner with the Compliance Auditor & Financial Audit Teams to ensure that safety & security standards are met
- Partner with HR to facilitate on-boarding training including participating in orientations
- Supports the onboarding process, including the follow-up to on-boarding process, tracking surveys, quizzes, new-hire driver evaluations, etc.
- Partner with HR, Payroll, Compliance, and Service Departments to track key performance indicators on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Maintains communication with regional leadership on all safety and claims key performance indicators
- Conducts a minimum of 6 “Risk Audits” per week, on average
- Facilitates on-going claims reporting training and support
- Identifies and implements processes, including location specific training manuals (PACT’s), onsite valet training, new hire onboarding, manager development, skills development, etc.
- Assist with managing the Safety/Security/Training audits; Driver checklists, site visit evaluations, risk audits, hotspots boards, catch a thief program, safety audits, etc.
- Researches and recommends new sources for hazard prevention equipment (Column guards, reflective gear, slip mats, footwear, carabineers, delineators, etc.)
- Assists in developing and maintaining a pipeline of safety driven candidates for current and future needs.
- Partner with the National Safety Manager Kyle Retter to create/develop multimedia visual aids & training videos & safety marketing specific to the Region/location
- Partner with the NSM & Senior Manager of Talent Development to create regional/location specific training materials
- Partner with HR to ensure accountability at locations is held in a high regard
- Assists with day-to-day onsite operations at a frequency TBD for purposes of evaluate the relevancy of training materials.
- Partner with location leadership on creating/facilitating team meetings, special events training (location tour/ hotspot review) etc.
- Others related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years Parking Industry experience with emphasis on claims and loss prevention
- Working knowledge of industry standards and operational demands
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving
- Strong customer service skills and abilities
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude)
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Must be willing to travel within assigned region(s) as necessary.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt; full-time
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at LAZ Parking