Director of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. We often say, “parking is our industry, but people are our passion”. Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Salary Range: 100,000 - 120,000 plus bonus
*Moving Expense offered if willing to relocate!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Director of Parking Operations, Hospitality – Santa Barbara will function as the primary strategic business leader for LAZ Hospitality Services focused on the valet experience at a one-of-a-kind world class luxury beachfront resort in one of the most beautiful beach towns in the country. An amazing opportunity for the right leader to lead and grow an emerging market. Responsible for day-to-day operations which includes all aspects of the operation, including training and development on Forbes standards, guest and client satisfaction, team building, strategic & business development of operational initiatives, and financial performance. This amazing leader will need to be creative, organized and be willing to put in the time to create a consistent first and last experience for our hotel guests.
This leader will have experience building large teams in a complex, high volume environment. She/He will have experience identifying, coaching, inspiring and mentoring other leaders as well as building line level staff. The ability to hold their team accountable to the highest luxury Forbes standards is a must. This position will be the key liaison to hotel leadership and serve as the key strategic business partner for LAZ in the Santa Barbara market.
Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for the financial, operational, safety and service success at all hotels within the market.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of all hospitality management.
- Ensure that increased revenue, controlled expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of safety & service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ensure daily stand-up meetings and resume meetings scheduled by client are attended by either Area Managers, Hospitality Managers or Assistant Hospitality Managers.
- Ensure LAZ internal stand-up meetings (Pre-Shifts) are held each shift through Hospitality Managers, Assistant Hospitality Managers, Supervisors, or Shift Leads.
- Assist with the management and development of the Hotel teams to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identify high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth, both within your region and outside.
- Actively participate in the recruiting and onboarding process all Hospitality accounts.
- Ensure all safety initiatives from the National Safety & Training Manager, Hospitality are rolled out to new and existing employees.
- Process and resolve all/if any safety concerns within Hospitality accounts, using the National Safety & Training Manager, Hospitality as a resource where needed.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of the Hospitality Silo within the market.
- Drive service results and establish goals by monitoring and responding to results from LAZ Service Shopper Reports and hotel internal service metrics.
- Responsible for cultivating client relationships and business retention.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned hotel(s).
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and our clients.
- Responsible for planning and executing plan for the opening of all new hospitality locations within the market.
- Participate in all proposals, underwriting, and presentations for hospitality related business development within the market.
- Prepare, review, and submit parking agreements within the market to the General Manager for completion.
- Responsible for ensuring claims and safety related training, prevention initiatives, and claims processing including claims investigation, client and guest follow-up, and compliant reporting are occurring consistently within the market.
- Responsible for overall financial success including audit compliance and ensuring Hospitality accounts follow audit protocol.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll processing is completed successfully at all hospitality accounts; Including sign off on hours in timely manner; collaboration with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; and working with Human Resources Business Partner to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring LHIST data is entered daily and accurately within the silo.
- Responsible for financial management of all hospitality locations and ensuring adherence to budget and revenue enhancements as it relates to staffing, scheduling, and operational expenses.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Preparation and completion of budgets/monthly reviews of profit/loss for their assigned portfolio.
- Monitor, review, and analyze the market rate structures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years Management experience.
- Must have experience managing P&Ls.
- Must be willing to travel to different hospitality locations on a daily/weekly basis as needed to support operations.
- Previous Hotel experience required
- Experience with Hospitality operations with over 300+ rooms preferred
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry (Parking, Restaurants, Hotels, etc) is preferred.
- Experience managing multi-site facilities is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environment with high customer expectations.
- Ability to cultivate the client-LAZ relationship.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at LAZ Parking