CDL Class B Shuttle Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- $300.00 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
- Quarterly Incentives
- Full-time Openings
- Part-time Openings
- Great job for new CDL Drivers with Passenger Endorsements
The Spirit of the Position:
The CDL Shuttle Driver position is responsible for the effective, efficient and safe transportation, loading and unloading of passengers & employees to and from the assigned destinations, and to ensure that all activities support the safety and welfare of all passengers.
- Reliable and punctual attendance is paramount to this position.
- Works well with others and is a strong team player.
- Greet customers, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, display a caring attitude and develop a rapport with all passengers.
- Anticipate guest needs wherever possible and exhibit a sincere desire to meet or exceed them
- Assist passengers with general information about the local area.
- To work with and without supervision and follow the direction of supervisors when requests are made.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Provide daily transportation for passengers to and from destinations.
- Perform pre- and post-inspection activities to ensure proper operating conditions, adherence to Company & DOT standards, and compliance with proper safety and maintenance standards.
- Assist passengers when boarding and exiting the vehicle. Ensure the loading and unloading of passengers to and from destinations, to include the operation of specialized equipment for unloading passengers with special needs, (i.e. wheelchair lifts and tie-downs).
- Prepare and submit accident/incident reports in a timely manner.
- Perform daily/ routine cleaning and shuttle maintenance activities; maintain a neat and orderly appearance to include assigned uniforms.
- Conduct re-fueling activities, to include maintaining assigned fuel usage logs.
- Comply with Federal DOT requirements, State driving regulations, city and Airport safety rules, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with passengers, co-workers, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Use a two-way radio to interact and communicate professionally with the dispatch office and/or supervisor.
- Report accidents, problems, and other required shuttle information (both mechanical and cosmetic) to management in a timely manner.
- Keep the shuttle bus secure and follow all safety procedures.
- Maintain alertness and be observant of any activity, both authorized and unauthorized, and take appropriate actions.
- Adhere to all safety codes and OSHA standards.
- Respond to all guest/visitor inquiries and resolve service/ customer discrepancies accordingly in a respectable manner.
- Perform other related/ additional duties and tasks as assigned.
- Must have valid Class B license and have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience, with passenger endorsement
- Must have an unexpired Medical Certificate
- Must be able to submit and pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Must be able to meet the following MVR guidelines.
- Have a clean driving record (no moving violations in 3 years and no DUI’s, suspended licenses, etc. in 5 years)
- No “Major” violations within a 5 year period (DUI, speeding over 15+ mph, driving without a license, etc.)
- No active reckless driving violations (within 5 years)
- No active leave the scene, vehicular homicide/ assault violation
- No more than one violation of texting or using a cell phone while driving a non-commercial motor vehicle
- No record or refusing an alcohol test required by Law Enforcement
- No violation of an "out of service" order
- No violation constituting a serious traffic offense:
- Excessive speeding (15 mph above the posted speed limit)
- Reckless Driving
- Improper or erratic lane change/Following too closely/Connection to Fatal Accident
- Driving a commercial vehicle without proper/verified license or endorsement
- Texting while driving a commercial motor vehicle and/or using a cell phone
- Violating a railroad crossing rule while operating a commercial motor vehicle.
- Maintain a professional appearance (no body piercings or visible tattoos on forearms or legs)
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to communicate professionally by conveying information effectively.
- Must possess an outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language.
- Ability to work flexible shifts/ hours (days, evenings, weekends, holidays), including overtime, peak volume periods, vacated shifts
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions, and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to drive continuously in the designated shuttle for a minimum of 2-3 hours
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, and lift frequently throughout a shift.
- Ability to apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Ability to perform functions that require repetitive motions using hands, wrists, and arms.
- Ability to perform functions that require repetitive motions using ankles, knees, and hips.
- Ability to express or exchange information, instructions, ideas, etc. by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
TravelView all jobs at LAZ Parking