LAUNCH is seeking an engineering professional to join its Flight Test Data Operations group at Edwards AFB in support of flight test of the F22 Fighter.
Successful candidate will function as a Data Processing Engineer for Flight Test activity at the F22 Combined Test Force (CTF), Edwards Air Force Base, CA. Position is primarily tasked with supporting daily flight test data center operations by preparing and post-processing flight test data products.
Supporting tasks include:
• Receive, process and troubleshoot IRIG 106 formatted data products per established processes.
• Coordinate with Instrumentation Engineering, Operations Engineering, IT administration, and leadership on issues, status and capabilities.
• Diagnosis and resolution of problems encountered in the recovery of test data.
• Develop, test, and troubleshoot data processing algorithms for aircraft data.
• Support IT assignments as required.
At this level the successful candidate will expected to be familiar with the data processing field and be familiar with server system administration and desktop support. The candidate will continue actively work to expand his or her knowledge of the discipline and of specific tasking.
This position is for first shift (nominally 7am – 4pm). Candidate must be willing to work extended hours, weekends, and rotations to first in support of mission goals.
Candidate must have the communication, organization, and planning skills to handle a highly dynamic flight test environment.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this particular position an active Secret security clearance, with a current background investigation is required.
**Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.** Experience working in a Flight Test organization
• Hardware and/or software programming experience
• Experience working with IRIG Standard 106 including Chapter 10 (recorded data) and Chapter 9 (TMATS)
• Experience with and/or knowledge of Teletronics Corporation (TTC) hardware and software
• Symvionics IADS (Interactive Analysis and Display System) use and programming
• Experience with and/or knowledge of Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) regulations and operating procedures
• Experience with and/or knowledge of working with communications protocols, Specifically Fibre Channel, MIL-STD-1553, IEE-1394, CAIS Bus (Common Airborne Instrumentation System Bus), RS-485
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process improvement initiatives