We are searching for a entry level Design Engineer to join our team in Hardwood Heights, IL. We are a aviation/aerospace part manufacturer and looking for someone with a great attitude and willingness to learn to come in a and make an impact. This will be a 1st shift position and pay anywhere from 28-32 p/hour. Please see below for more details:
The Design Engineer position will entail mechanical design of new products and adaptation of existing products to customer applications per company growth initiatives. The Design Engineer acts as a cross-functional team member in pursuing assigned initiatives to a successful and timely conclusion.
- Design and implementation of innovative sealing solutions from concept to commercialization.
- Design verification using finite element analysis tools.
- Design and implementation of test methods and hardware for new product validation.
- Manage building and testing of prototype parts.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and product line engineers to ensure design for manufacturability.
- Assist in the creation of process control documentation.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, suppliers, other company personnel providing technical expertise and counsel as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is required.
- Proficiency using SolidWorks or similar 3D solid modeling is required.
- Proficiency using ANSYS and ADINA or similar finite element analysis code is required.
- Product design, development and implementation experience a plus.
- Experience in the design and fabrication of metal seals, fittings, or flanges is a plus.
- Familiarity with NADCAP, AS9100, ISO9001, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Committed, dedicated and self-motivated working ethics, with full ownership of projects or assigned tasks.
- The desire to strive for continuous improvement and excellence within a fast-paced growth environment.
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions