LAUNCH is looking for an Analyst to write and manage the LAUNCH Ticker in San Francisco (more here: www.launchticker.com). Since launching in June 2012 in a Google Doc, the Ticker has become the most efficient way to consume tech and startup news; 6.5k+ people receive our weekly emails and thousands have downloaded our iOS and Android apps.
This is a full-time position based out of our San Francisco office.
1. Manage a team of writers
2. Be a lead editor and oversee coverage and writing quality
3. Lead product development, including product improvements, bug fixes and any other new features or product tweaks that may optimize growth or paid customer conversion rates
4. Lead customer acquisition and growth strategies
5. Maintain spreadsheets that track product performance and other growth metrics
6. Spearhead new research projects and reporting initiatives
7. Customer Service: communicate product updates and changes with the existing paid customer base over email and Twitter
- Background in journalism or marketing
- Flawless grammar/spelling with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, write clearly and concisely, and work consistently under time constraints and pressure.
- 1-2 years experience reporting tech and startup news
- Ability to identify emerging trends in tech
- News junkie - passionate about the latest smartphone, Apple launch event, Twitter product tweak and Hacker News article on some geeky device posted to Kickstarter 12 minutes ago
- Social media savvy
Compensation: DOE, full-time