Senior Embedded Software Engineer
SR. EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota
Lantronix Inc. is Headquartered in Irvine, California and is a M2M communications global manufacturer and provider of Software as a Service (SaaS), connectivity services, engineering services, intelligent hardware, and turnkey solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM). Lantronix enables its customers to provide reliable and secure IoT Intelligent Edge and OOBM solutions while accelerating time to market. Lantronix products and services dramatically simplify the creation, development, deployment, and management of IoT projects while providing quality, reliability and security across hardware, software, and solutions. Please review our website at: http://www.lantronix.com
As a member of the product development team, you will develop Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning firmware for our Edge Compute products. Our platforms are in the core of industry leading IoT Modules and Enterprise Solutions products. Our platforms are at the forefront of driving M2M connectivity with intelligent device services that enable our customers to access remote device data within the enterprise.
- Implement robust, high-performing Edge Compute solutions and participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions.
- Collaborate closely with product management, architects, front-end developers, and QA and have a strong desire to work with a company that is building products that solve real-world problems.
- Produce high quality code that conforms to the design and functional requirements. Develop validation plans and execute them to ensure that code is fully unit tested before submitting to QA Testing.
- Integrate middleware Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning libraries to our Edge Compute products.
- Improve and maintain new and existing functionality through the product life cycle.
- Diagnose, locate, and resolve technical issues in large systems.
- Work independently, having the ability to work in a team environment, and meeting project deadlines will be necessary skills for success.
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews for other engineers on your team.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- At least 6-years practical experience in product development and BSEE/BSCS, or MSEE/MSCS.
- Extensive experience in design and development of embedded firmware based on real time operating systems (ThreadX, Nucleus, FreeRTOS or eCos) and Linux.
- Solid experience in developing/integrating artificial intelligence, machine learning, and security frameworks.
- Ability to work with multiple programming (C/C++) languages and frameworks including Java, & Python.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in multi-threaded and distributed environments.
- Experience in configuration management and monitoring/instrumentation
- Have experience in collaborating with cross functional engineering teams.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction, perform design/code reviews and champion engineering best practices.
- Must be analytical, result driven individual with high attention to detail
- Must be strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Lantronix is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Lantronix Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.