DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Posted: over a month ago
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: Either Plymouth, MN, or Irvine, CA
Lantronix, Inc. is a product development company that provides hardware, software, and services that enable next-generation intelligent connected products. Our IoT and SaaS solutions span the entire development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market. Our performance enables us to partner with the world’s leading OEMs to create award winning products and embedded applications, including robotics, wearables, automotive, medical, videoconferencing, digital signage, industrial and consumer cameras, and many more. Lantronix has strong technical expertise and partnerships with Qualcomm Technologies, NXP, Broadcom, Texas Instruments and more.
The Director of Information Technology will be based onsite at our new facility in Plymouth, MN if hired in Minnesota, or onsite in Irvine, CA, if hired in California.
The IT Director will be responsible for the management, strategy, and execution of key aspects of IT for our growing organization. This professional will be responsible for the department’s strategic priorities, process improvements, collaboration, security and compliance for the organization and our end-user community of 400+. This individual will oversee and direct the effective delivery of Networking, Cybersecurity, and Helpdesk.
In this hands-on role, you will –
- Provide technical expertise on data network and backup systems, firewall, and security issues, servers, and telephone systems.
- Provide oversight to network/security operations to maintain network reliability, integrity and ensure standards of compliance are met. Act upon network events with a high sense of urgency and customer care to resolve network issues and maintain optimal service levels.
- Be responsible for ensuring the company’s network, computer hardware, and data are protected from loss and security breach. Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with solutions and procedures that increase data security and ensure business continuity. Identify, recommend, and implement IT cybersecurity, tools, and equipment for the organization
- Support intercompany sites located throughout various countries across the globe.
- Direct and support the implementation of new software and hardware. Determine and recommend departmental product feasibility and advanced technical approaches and designs.
- Manage a ticket system to facilitate excellent customer support. Participate in responding to tickets and resolve technology issues and concerns in a timely manner both on-site and remotely. Recommend improvements for operational and workflow efficiency.
- Support and manage end-user IT equipment inventory, laptops, monitors, mobile devices, printers, etc.
- Effectively and harmoniously manage the IT team in a manner that optimizes individual and a team performance, and is committed to an exceptional customer end-user experience.
- Apply leadership and technical skills with consistency and reliability to support and lead a small but highly successful IT team of 3 - 5.
- Manage and participate in, 24/7 operations and on-call rotation schedules of technical and support staff; ensuring support to the end-user community.
- Create and maintain well documented processes coupled with efficient and consistent work that conforms to audit, security, SOX, and business continuity requirements.
Requirements of the position include:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equally relevant degree. MS degree a plus.
- 10+ years applicable managerial experience in Information Technology, preferably in high-tech industries.
- 5+ years successfully managing a staff of IT professionals.
- IT leadership skills and ability to thrive in a small to medium size company, preferably in high tech industries.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of ISO9001 and Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements.
- Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated technical skills, along with:
- A hands-on and roll-up-the-sleeves disposition.
- Enthusiastic problem solving, attention to detail and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in dynamic, fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide staff with technical leadership and mentoring across disciplines.
- Approachable, open, and consultative. A team player, functioning as a part of the overall IT team, with the overall mission in mind.
Compensation for this position includes base pay, DOE, plus performance bonus and equity potential.
Lantronix offers a comprehensive comp & benefits package, including 401k, generous PTO, performance bonuses and equity potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Fair and equitable employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
TechnologyView all jobs at LANTRONIX