Job Summary: At Language World Services, Inc. we want to satisfy our clients' interpreting needs. Interpreters facilitate communication and bridge cultural divides between healthcare providers and their Limited and Non-English Proficient Patients. Services are delivered on-site, in person to the greater Sacramento Area and via video phone to a nationwide client base.
Please visit the following link to apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/298307
Duties & Responsibilities:
What will you be doing as an Interpreter – Hindi/Punjabi:
- Actively speaking fluently in English, and Target Language
- Providing communication to various diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Traveling to multiple locations throughout the Sacramento region
- Video Interpreting Spanish
- Engaging with digital technologies, products, and solutions that are relevant to the Language Interpreter position
- Utilizing and applying current technology and systems effectively
What we’re looking for in an Interpreter – Hindi/Punjabi:
- Successful completion of a verbal medical terminology/target language examination
- Experience of providing excellent customer service, and as well as confidence in your ability to talk with clients
- Strong ability to interpret for individuals with limited English proficiency as well as family members
Skills that will help you in the role of Interpreter – Hindi/Punjabi:
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for helping others
- A desire, and interest to learn
- 1-year Interpreter experience + 40 Hours Interpreting Training
- HS Diploma/GED (or higher preferred) or relevant work experience
- Must pass written and oral national certification (CCHI/National Board) within one year of hire date
- Knowledge of anatomy, major body systems, and medical terminology in Hindi/Punjabi and English
- Fluently speak, read, and write in English and in Hindi/Punjabi
- This position requires travel throughout Greater Sacramento region
- Upon job offer individuals will be required to complete a pre-employment background check, and medical clearance to include TB, MMR, and Varicella proof of immunity
- A reliable source of transportation
- Must be available during regular business hours (7:00am – 7:00pm)
LANGUAGE WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Why Work Here?At Language World Services, Inc. we want to satisfy our clients interpreting needs. You will be the first point of contact in bridging communications with our client-provider relationships.
An exciting interpreting career awaits you here at Language World Services!