- Posted: over a month ago
- Responsible for facilitating maintenance for all Facility and Production equipment.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, time management, and sound judgement.
- Must have the ability to work based on guidance and without supervision.
- Requires good math skills and ability to read and understand instructions and manuals. Requires experience and skills in areas relating to building construction and modification. Must have electrical, plumbing & HVAC exp. Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to transport 50 pounds, and operate shop equipment, power tools and use hand tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes Safety a priority and ensures that all Maintenance employees comply with Company policies (i.e., personnel, safety, etc.).
- Oversees the maintenance of the Newark facility by:
- Assigns maintenance projects and reactive calls to Maintenance team members based on priority.
- Coordinating/overseeing new construction or repairs. Works closely with outside contractors such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, etc.
- Assuring Company vehicles are routinely serviced, and any necessary repairs are made when needed.
- Coordinates with property management for snow removal and de-icing of parking lots, sidewalks, entranceways, etc.
- Assuring grounds upkeep are properly scheduled and performed.
- Implement a total preventive maintenance program that follows the manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures. This includes: all manufacturing equipment, HVAC, vacuum systems, dust collection systems, dehumidifier units, air compressors, furnaces, lighting, etc.
- Execute and maintain a recordkeeping system through the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) that retains information on equipment downtime that includes when and why a breakdown occurred, and exactly what steps, parts, equipment, and/or tools were used to return equipment to service.
- Coordinates/oversees the repair of equipment breakdowns via Maintenance Repair Techs or by requesting outside service when needed.
- Takes any corrective action to prevent repeat equipment failures, if applicable.
- Conducts daily inspections of equipment and facility.
- Works closely with outside contractors and equipment vendors and manages projects and programs associated with them.
- Handles equipment breakdowns as needed and as assigned by Shop/Maintenance Supervisor.
- Handles completion of work orders for in-house repair requests as scheduled.
- Coordinates building modifications as described in approved project proposals.
- Makes local pick-ups of items required for projects or for maintenance projects.
- Utilizes time between various stages of major projects to accomplish smaller projects
*Denotes essential functions of the job.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Primarily works indoors in a temperature-controlled environment.
- However, may occasionally be subject to the outside environment when working on HVAC, compressors, and other equipment outside of the building, or when assisting with snow removal, and may occasionally work in confined areas or high places.
- Primarily requires walking, climbing, kneeling, stooping, bending, driving, and transporting up to 50 pounds.
- Requires operating various shop equipment, power tools, and hand tools. Requires good math skills and ability to read and understand operating instructions and manuals.
- Insurances: health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, critical illness and accident
- 401(k): Company provides 4% discretionary contributions each pay period and matches 25% up to the first 6% of employees’ contributions each pay period
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Assistance
- Travel Assistance
- Corporate discounts to YMCA membership and AquaFit membership
LaMotte Company, a 100+ year-old global industry leader in developing and manufacturing premier water testing solutions, employs 250+ employees at its existing manufacturing site in Chestertown, MD and is opening a new manufacturing site due to expansive business growth. The new facility, located in Newark, DE will operate 24/7 and will employ 50+ employees within the first year and 100+ soon thereafter. We have an amazing culture and have been ranked as the Best Place to Work in Kent County, MD for the 3rd year in a row now!!!
LAMOTTE CHEMICAL CO
Real EstateView all jobs at LAMOTTE CHEMICAL CO